• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Cricketer of the Decade

Dissector

International Debutant
Ha. I never knew there was a phrase for this rather annoying habit.

Anyway the answer to this topic is probably some unknown player from Zimbabwe or perhaps BD.

bagapath

International Captain
crimnal to include Sree here he may be a prick but he is actually a very good bowler.
he may be a decent bowler but he is a prick.

but yeah... i know he doesnt deserve to be included here... just that i don't like him.....:)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jehan Mubrack. Though Xavier Marshall was pretty dire too. Tino Best rates a mention too.

Didn't count Reifer or players from Zimbabwe & Bangladesh as they aren't test standard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bad as Tharanga has been, surely Mubarak is even worse? I forgot about him earlier, despite the fact he'd already been mentioned, but he's almost as bad as Xavier Marshall.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Remember Mubarak playing a genuninely good innings against us once. It was very embarrassing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I remember Tharanga playing several good innings' against us, and it wasn't especially embarrassing because unlike Mubarak Tharanga on the rare occasion he bats well actually looks like he's batting well. Mubarak doesn't, so even on the rare occasions he does he still doesn't seem to be.

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Talking of worst cricketers, it has to be Rohit Sharma. Average of 23 with a strike-rate of 71 after 41 ODIs says it all. No wonder he was kicked out out of the Indian ODI team. And thats not all, Rohit Sharma struggles against both spin & short-pitched bowling and is someone who fits perfectly in the definition of a mediocre international cricketer. Would make even Jehan Mubarak & Xavier Marshall look like Tendulkar

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really. Rohit Sharma undoubtedly should not have played international cricket yet, but he's far from hopeless and in fact remains a good prospect. Marshall and Mubarak however simply should never have played international cricket full-stop.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad as Tharanga has been, surely Mubarak is even worse? I forgot about him earlier, despite the fact he'd already been mentioned, but he's almost as bad as Xavier Marshall.
He has won us few matches though. Tough fighter, unlike Tharanga who is absolute softcock. Has good captaincy capabilities as well.