• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Cricketer of the Decade

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Mubarak only gets selected because he has a relative on the Sri Lankan Cricket Board (or something similar).

Cumming and Redmond are by no way the worst players of this decade.
Now now no need to get defensive(though that's what was lacking in Redmond and Cumming's technique).
see what I did thar.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Mluleki Nkala | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

Not the sort of record to be proud of. Was a pretty useful bowler was Nkala, I remember watching him play on 2-3 occasions and he had the batsman playing at some very useful out-swinging deliveries. Overall, still a dud record.
Ha ha oh dear, that record is even worse when you consider that

a) five of his eleven wickets came in his first Test
b) three of his remaining nine Tests were agaisnt Bangladesh

To be fair to the lad, he rarely got smashed - he was just completely lacking in wicket-taking penetration.

Flem274*

123/5
Now now no need to get defensive(though that's what was lacking in Redmond and Cumming's technique).
see what I did thar.
Spelt there wrong? :p

You're criticisng their defence? Odd, both are stonewallers.

Anyway, they're not the worst players of the decade when they're not even the worst players we've called up in the past couple of years. Still reckon that honour goes to James Marshall. Just look:

James Marshall | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

The only thing of note there is his List A record. His FC stats have improved markedly over the past few years (may have avergaed fifty last year iirc) but he's still rubbish, as evidenced by his every test call up.

Anyway, I'll stop bashing him. Its unoriginal and far too easy.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, they're not the worst players of the decade when they're not even the worst players we've called up in the past couple of years. Still reckon that honour goes to James Marshall. Just look:

James Marshall | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

The only thing of note there is his List A record. His FC stats have improved markedly over the past few years (may have avergaed fifty last year iirc) but he's still rubbish, as evidenced by his every test call up.
Had no idea his FC record was so bad. Amazing