• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the Ind-Aus series End 4-0 in favor of Australia?

Will India lose all matches in the current test series in Aus

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Still feel like Australia's batting might collapse any minute but maybe they've turned a corner. India are just woeful away from home at the minute though so it's hard to see them taking advantage of Australia's susceptibility to the collapse anyway. Can see a draw at Adelaide but wouldn't be totally surprised to see Aus whitewash them.

I think it will be a long time before we see India ranked #1 again, but I could be wrong.
Wouldn't say that we've turned a corner. In all three innings we've had nasty collapses - 3, then 4, then 3 wickets falling for next to nothing in hardly any time at all. One middle order, two top order.

Having said that though we do bat deep and India are woeful at taking advantage of a situation at the moment (ie. not turning 3/4-wicket collapse into 6/7) so I feel more confident (especially with Clarke and Hussey at 5 and 6 and seeing them like watermelons) that we can dig ourselves out of holes than at any time in the past three years. Which is more of a relief than words can describe.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Perth is surely a lost cause for India so it probably comes down to whether they can get a draw at Adelaide. I reckon they can't.
If Harris doesn't break down, then yeah I think it would be a difficult task for them.

However, if Harris does break down early in the game (which is probably a slim but still feasible chance), that leaves our bowling attack as Siddle, Hilf and Lyon/Starc which doesn't really have that much fire power. Add to that the ever present chance of our batting order collapsing badly (for either bad batting reasons or an exceptional performance from e.g. Zaheer), and India would be right in there with a good chance of victory. A lot probably depends on how India approach this game mentally as well - they have no chance of a series win now, so are they going to die fighting or meekly surrender?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Harris doesn't break down, then yeah I think it would be a difficult task for them.

However, if Harris does break down early in the game (which is probably a slim but still feasible chance), that leaves our bowling attack as Siddle, Hilf and Lyon/Starc which doesn't really have that much fire power. Add to that the ever present chance of our batting order collapsing badly (for either bad batting reasons or an exceptional performance from e.g. Zaheer), and India would be right in there with a good chance of victory. A lot probably depends on how India approach this game mentally as well - they have no chance of a series win now, so are they going to die fighting or meekly surrender?
You caught the series in England, right?

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I'd back the latter, but you never know with ****s like Laxman around they could pull something out of nowhere.

Burgey

Wouldn't say that we've turned a corner. In all three innings we've had nasty collapses - 3, then 4, then 3 wickets falling for next to nothing in hardly any time at all. One middle order, two top order.

Having said that though we do bat deep and India are woeful at taking advantage of a situation at the moment (ie. not turning 3/4-wicket collapse into 6/7) so I feel more confident (especially with Clarke and Hussey at 5 and 6 and seeing them like watermelons) that we can dig ourselves out of holes than at any time in the past three years. Which is more of a relief than words can describe.
Tbf it's hard to bitch about the Melbourne first innings collapse when two of the three dismissals were not out (Hussey and Cowan).

Daemon

Bowling was decent in the first test but utter **** in the second. Batting has seemed decent in patches. 3-0 maybe but I wouldn't count on us winning a test.

flibbertyjibber

Even without Pattinson Australia are stronger as India look a pretty shambolic outfit ready for the taking. If Harris stays fit then Pattinson won't be missed. 4-0 for me as long as weather doesn't intervene.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Harris is a better bowler than Pattinson tbf.
I bow to no-one in my admiration for Rhino but I'm not sure I agree anymore. The young fella has been a revelation. Has more or less everything a tyro quick could want. Pace, movement (and late movement at that), bounce and carry.

Harris is a bloody handy res to bring in tho.

Oh, and 4-0 IMHO. The India attack on the Adelaide Oval deck will be fodder unless Zaheer can do something special.

Burgey

I bow to no-one in my admiration for Rhino but I'm not sure I agree anymore. The young fella has been a revelation. Has more or less everything a tyro quick could want. Pace, movement (and late movement at that), bounce and carry.

Harris is a bloody handy res to bring in tho.

Oh, and 4-0 IMHO. The India attack on the Adelaide Oval deck will be fodder unless Zaheer can do something special.
All true. Pattinson has been a revelation

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I just voted yes in the poll, but now that I think about it, I'd reasonably predict that Australia will win the third test, and then India will manage to draw the fourth test to make it only 3-0.