• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's better, Lillee or Hadlee?

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

archie mac

International Coach
You are wrong my dear. There are many here who agree with you (myself included) and do not like the direction this discussion has taken. Its just that there seems to be no point going on and on about it. You have made your point and should 'rest your case' even if no one else does. A debate should not be about getting everyone to agree to one's point of view or going on till every one leaves the arena.

Thats does no credit to anyone.

Leave it.
I agree, I do remember one poster on here (CW) once saying that if he had the last word then he considered he had won the day:ph34r:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
You've come in the middle of my arguments with several posters plenty of times, trying to 'stick it to me'. And you do it with one comment and one smiley and poof, you're gone. If that ain't brown-nosing, what is?
Very possibly because you're not in the absolute right in what you say. Therefore, anyone who takes exception to what you're saying isn't necessarily Dickinson's minion. You wouldn't even have incurred the 8-) in the first place if you didn't get personal.

That said, Dasa, you had the high moral ground given to you on a plate and you hurled it at the wall.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Can we leave it here, guys, personal insults are NOT acceptable in any circumstances. They stop now.

And Lillee, for mine.

99*

International Debutant
This seems to be a common theme to some threads here.

Richard's opinion on some cricketers is unique but it is his opinion, regardless if we think it's wrong, he has a right to post that view. If it comes to the point where someone has to hurl personal insults at another just because they do not like his opinions well then I suggest the ignore option, it works for all parties.

EDIT: I voted Hadlee btw, had you asked me 5 years ago I would've voted Lillee, such is the legacy he had but now being able to fully understand what each man did, Hadlee was the better cricketer.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You are wrong my dear. There are many here who agree with you (myself included) and do not like the direction this discussion has taken. Its just that there seems to be no point going on and on about it. You have made your point and should 'rest your case' even if no one else does. A debate should not be about getting everyone to agree to one's point of view or going on till every one leaves the arena.

Thats does no credit to anyone.

Leave it.
SJS my friend, read it again. I am not saying several posters are trying to stick it to me. Maybe I should have phrased that better.

I find a trend where, it's not even about Richard, where Dasa comes in, shoots a one-liner or a smiley and feels that's fine.

I repeat, I am not saying it is about Richard, but it's happened with several posters.

Very possibly because you're not in the absolute right in what you say. Therefore, anyone who takes exception to what you're saying isn't necessarily Dickinson's minion. You wouldn't even have incurred the 8-) in the first place if you didn't get personal.

That said, Dasa, you had the high moral ground given to you on a plate and you hurled it at the wall.
Again, not saying Dasa is Dickinson's minion, just that generally he takes a liking to a passing, sly, post in the middle of a debate I may have with someone.

For someone to shoot the rolleyes at me and then question why I do it back...it's pretty obvious why I would do so.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
This seems to be a common theme to some threads here.

Richard's opinion on some cricketers is unique but it is his opinion, regardless if we think it's wrong, he has a right to post that view. If it comes to the point where someone has to hurl personal insults at another just because they do not like his opinions well then I suggest the ignore option, it works for all parties.

EDIT: I voted Hadlee btw, had you asked me 5 years ago I would've voted Lillee, such is the legacy he had but now being able to fully understand what each man did, Hadlee was the better cricketer.
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking:)

bond21

Banned
Lillee....when making a poll at least make it a hard decision...

I could name 5 bowlers apart from Lillee that are better than Hadlee was.

Flem274*

123/5

Now heres the surprise of the century.

On a sidenote, I find it ironic that Richard gets such critiscm (sic) and this...ahem...bond21 generally goes unoticed with this stuff.:p

Though tbh, there's not much to notice about this one.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I agree entirely - with this (the highlighted portion) and what follows.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Was browsing thru Lillee's book last nite. In it he states how Hadlee paid him quite the compliment.
Hadlee stated that whenever he came up with a difficult challenge, he would ask of himself : " What would Lillee do in a situation like this ? "

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Okay let me try to squeeze in five somehow

Lindwall, Larwood, Andy Roberts, Imran Khan, now one more, one more....oh **** !

Oh yes. Ajit Agarkar 8-)

Its an opinion, my opinion and I have every constitutional right to state it :dry:

bagapath

International Captain
and in lillee's book he ranks hadlee along with alderman and kapil as the best fast medium bowlers of his time.

his favorite fast bowlers?

ambrose and marshall.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain

Can we leave it here, guys, personal insults are NOT acceptable in any circumstances. They stop now.

And Lillee, for mine.
My apologies, I went too far.