• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would win a test series between England and West Indies if play started tomorrow?

Who would win?

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this threads just a whole world of fun:unsure:

I think England btw:p

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, that's such crap. That's like suggesting that because continental European immigrants often refer to themsleves as "wogs" in Australia, "wog" is no longer a racial epithet. Replace "wog" at will with any other assimilated racist insult you care to name.

Dago is obviously a racist insult and always has been, and it's hardly a shock that it's become slang to refer to someone that doesn't speak English correctly. Do you seriously think that's unrelated to its origins as racial abuse? Using "dago" to refer to a Spanish immigrant and using "dago speak" to refer to someone who mangles the local langauge regardless of their background is hardly a major leap. I suppose "****** speak" would have no racial connotations as well?

Unless you're out to offend and annoy people, there's better ways to make a point.

It's good when someone calls someone elses post crap and then writes an even bigger pile of crap underneath, it helps create a certain continuity within the forum.:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's good when someone calls someone elses post crap and then writes an even bigger pile of crap underneath, it helps create a certain continuity within the forum.:cool:
TBF, when someone calls something crap, it's a good idea to say at the same time why it's such crap.

SF did - in this case, LT did not.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
England would win. Regardless of the whitewash England performances in test in recent times have been way better than the windies who have didn't manage to win a single test last year.

But looking ahead at the test series between the two series this year presuming England are at absolute full-strenght it could be a hard tour for the windies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A big presumption.

Vaughan is far from guranteed and Trescothick at this stage has to rate as less likely than more. As for Jones...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, when someone calls something crap, it's a good idea to say at the same time why it's such crap.

SF did - in this case, LT did not.

I'd already given my view in the post he called crap. I've no intention of repeating it and having yet another thread on this board going around in circles.:wacko:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I see your point, but IMO Sean raised some stuff you had not addressed, and you could have addressed those without going round in circles.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I see your point, but IMO Sean raised some stuff you had not addressed, and you could have addressed those without going round in circles.

I didn't know that FaaipDeOiad's real name was Sean but I bow to your superior knowledge of Forum Members.
To be honest the whole racist thing is totally tedious and in future if anyone wants to scream "racist twit" based on the innocent use of modern English slang they can do so and I will treat it with the contempt it deserves - ie, ignore it. In the past 20+ years I've travelled all over Europe watching football and all over England watching Test Cricket and met and enjoyed the company of many different cultures. To throw the word racist around this forum just devalues the real racist problems that exist in the World.

Fiery

Banned
I didn't know that FaaipDeOiad's real name was Sean but I bow to your superior knowledge of Forum Members.
To be honest the whole racist thing is totally tedious and in future if anyone wants to scream "racist twit" based on the innocent use of modern English slang they can do so and I will treat it with the contempt it deserves - ie, ignore it. In the past 20+ years I've travelled all over Europe watching football and all over England watching Test Cricket and met and enjoyed the company of many different cultures. To throw the word racist around this forum just devalues the real racist problems that exist in the World.
Then you're old enough to know better than to use words like "dago" in a public forum. It's not just "modern English slang" and I think you know it

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Funny really. We wouldn't be able to beat a very weak side in our strongest form of the game, but we've just beaten a strong side in our weaker form.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Funny really. We wouldn't be able to beat a very weak side in our strongest form of the game, but we've just beaten a strong side in our weaker form.
Even in Test matches you could do better than Australia for one day, once in a while :)

BTW, I am one of those who thinks England is a better test side than West Indies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow Fiery, I guess now NZ are the worst test side, I mean going by your logic they were just humiliated by England in pyjama cricket, so that means they suck in test cricket?

Egg... on... face.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The following voted for WI:

33/3from3.3, Alysum, andmark, andyc, Austin3169, blinkatesh, cameeel, chopper6, DCC_legend, ethos, Fiery, godofcricket, gunner, Josh, LA ICE-E, Marisa 7, Natman20, Nemesis27, ripper868, Sanz, Stumped

They are all :wacko:, or didn't understand the question.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The following voted for WI:

33/3from3.3, Alysum, andmark, andyc, Austin3169, blinkatesh, cameeel, chopper6, DCC_legend, ethos, Fiery, godofcricket, gunner, Josh, LA ICE-E, Marisa 7, Natman20, Nemesis27, ripper868, Sanz, Stumped

They are all :wacko:, or didn't understand the question.
In the cases of the boldened ones I can't say I'm remotely surprised.

And in all cases bar the 2nd - yes, that does mean I perceive preconceived and irrational disrespect\dislike.

Fiery

Banned
Wow Fiery, I guess now NZ are the worst test side, I mean going by your logic they were just humiliated by England in pyjama cricket, so that means they suck in test cricket?

Egg... on... face.
I'm still in "classic denial" stage