• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will the first to break Anwar's 194?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'll be honest, I always thought it would be one of the saddest moments for me if someone broke Anwar's record in my lifetime. But I was wrong. I was very, very happy to see the CI headline just 5 minutes ago. Nobody deserves it more than Sachin. Kudos to him. What a champ.

Dissector

International Debutant
Tbh the correct answer was Charles Coventry. 194* > 194.

Anyway I am glad that like with the test record, the highest score is now in a game against a proper team. Hope it stays that way though I have a feeling someone will break it against a minnow in the WC.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I really don't believe that the record will stand fro a very very long time. It seems like the 400 run barrier. No one came near it and once Australia broke through we keep seeing such scores every few months. But I really do hope that he holds on to it.

Dissector

International Debutant
People've been having that feeling for the last couple of World Cups.
True and I for one was strongly expecting some opener to hit a double against a minnow in the last WC. However it's likely to happen sooner or later. I think the IPL and TTI's are further improving the hitting skills of the best batsmen whereas I doubt the quality of the minnow attacks is getting better.

bagapath

International Captain
I really don't believe that the record will stand fro a very very long time. It seems like the 400 run barrier. No one came near it and once Australia broke through we keep seeing such scores every few months. But I really do hope that he holds on to it.
true... in fact gibbs might do it in the next game... who knows?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's only the 3rd individual innings above 190 in ODIs and only the 10th double century in all List A cricket. Only 2 of those 10 innings are above 210.

Scoring 200 runs in a List A match is no mean feat.

biased indian

International Coach
Think SL scored it first don't remember the team ....(Kenya 96 ????)

gwo

U19 Debutant
Off the top of my head, Srilanka amassed 398 and Australia's 434 was the first to go past the 400 barrier. 2 times in one match at that though.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Yeah Srilanka missed it by two runs. I remember walking up to the common room to see the historic occasion of a team scoring 400 runs only to have it done again in a few hours.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anwar's 194 was the most hated record for me. Clearly the worst day for me as a Cricket fan, I will never forget that day(despite that the record has been broken) and happy that It was broken by Sachin.

Craig

World Traveller
Off the top of my head, Srilanka amassed 398 and Australia's 434 was the first to go past the 400 barrier. 2 times in one match at that though.
I believe New Zealand came very close to 400, either getting 398 or 399, and Lou Vincent scored 172 v Zimbabwe.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Anwar's 194 was the most hated record for me. Clearly the worst day for me as a Cricket fan, I will never forget that day(despite that the record has been broken) and happy that It was broken by Sachin.
Why is that?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I went to that match. Saw it live.

Craig

World Traveller
Ok, is this going to be like Tests, if a player breaks the record at the next WC against a minnow team, will people consider SRT to still hold the record, in the way that some people still counted Lara as the record holder when Hayden scored 380 v Zimbabwe?