• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best limited over spinner of all time

Best limited over spinner/slow bowler of all time

• Rashid Khan

• Shane Warne

• Muralidharan

• Saqlain Mushtaq

• Sachin Tendulkar

• Any Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It may haunt you, but he picked it, played it, showed the way it was bowled, and then decided he cannot bowl it without chucking as well (Dharmasena's usual deliveries were dodgy too). That was the reason Murali has to master his own version for next 3 - 4 years. There is no co incidence that Jayasuriya and Aravinda were the first batsmen to tore in to Saqlain on frequent basis in late 90s.
Kumar Dharmasena is as blind as Shady Slim following the CCP. I want to believe this but how are you sure he figured it out first?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Kumar Dharmasena is as blind as Shady Slim following the CCP. I want to believe this but how are you sure he figured it out first?
no one else said so in late 90s. Murali in one of his intreviews say that SL has figured out how Saqlain was doing it but they could not reproduce it. I doubt even today any one can reproduce his doosra.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha it really was peak Migara to claim a Sri Lankan #8 did that. Even if it's true, absolutely peak Migara to bring it up in that way.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I personally figured out the doosra a long time ago, I just didn't tell anyone. I also never used it in a game myself because I have too much integrity.

Himannv

International Coach
I've been a leading authority on the doosra for ages now, but have only used my knowledge in the bedroom.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pre ~ 2005: WCs >>>>> else
post~2005: WCs >>>>>>>> else
Correction - 1975 -1983 WCs > everything else
1987-2015 - WC = everything else
2019 - WC > everything else (especially World Test championship Cup)

Not complicated...

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
I know this is an old thread but there is a big case that Saqlain is certainly up there. 208 wickets in ODI's at an average of 21.78....for a finger spinner that is outstanding. Good strike rate too......30.4......also he averaged 1.74 wickets per innings in ODI cricket which is very good.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I know this is an old thread but there is a big case that Saqlain is certainly up there. 208 wickets in ODI's at an average of 21.78....for a finger spinner that is outstanding. Good strike rate too......30.4......also he averaged 1.74 wickets per innings in ODI cricket which is very good.
Yeah. He held the record for fastest 100 wickets. Don't know if he still has it. He even used to routinely bowl at death. Absolute legend in ODI cricket.