• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best limited over spinner of all time

Best limited over spinner/slow bowler of all time

• Rashid Khan

• Shane Warne

• Muralidharan

• Saqlain Mushtaq

• Sachin Tendulkar

• Any Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jayro

U19 12th Man
Who has been the best limited over international bowler in both 50 overs and t20 cricket?

cnerd123

likes this
Rashid is the only one on the list with a significant T20 career

Murali probably the best ODI spinner of all time. Saqlain Mushtaq up there.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid kinda bottled it big time in his ODI WC, but is probably one of the best ever T20 bowlers.

This goes to Murali I think, unless he didn’t play enough T20s.

subshakerz

International Coach
Warne. Three clutch performances in WCs and decent enough stats otherwise.

Saqlain and Murali didnt do enough in WCs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Interesting question. There is no real stand out, so it boils down to opinion, I guess. I feel Warney really brought in ODIs in the WCs and also in the first IPL finals. Maybe if we split this as ODIs and T20s it will be easier.

Probably go with Murali from an overall consistency perspective though. Actually, I think its a coin toss between Murali and Warne. Will call it a draw.

subshakerz

International Coach
Murali played in 7 WC semi-finals and finals, and I can't recall a single great performance. He didn't seem to me to be a pressure player.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murali played in 7 WC semi-finals and finals, and I can't recall a single great performance. He didn't seem to me to be a pressure player.
You don't remember it because you're a ****ing casual and have a poor memory. That doesnt mean he wasn't a big game player. I, being a non casual, remember his spell against nz in 07 where he induced a massive collapse when nz were still in an OK position chasing SL's total.

Flem274*

123/5
You don't remember it because you're a ****ing casual and have a poor memory. That doesnt mean he wasn't a big game player. I, being a non casual, remember his spell against nz in 07 where he induced a massive collapse when nz were still in an OK position chasing SL's total.
You have that game to blame for me signing up to this forum.

I turned on the radio, heard shockjock Doug Golightly call Fleming gutless and not trying, decided to go read that message board I found during the Commonwealth Bank Series instead.

subshakerz

International Coach
I, being a non casual, remember his spell against nz in 07 where he induced a massive collapse when nz were still in an OK position chasing SL's total.
Fair enough, I forgot that one since all I remembered was him being decimated by Gilly in the final in that WC.

Still, do you think that is enough evidence that he is a big match player?

He played in three other WC finals and WC semis and you would expect some other major performances.