• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which famous cricketers have you played cricket with/against?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well I've requested beers from you blokes and get nothing. Assumed you were cider "guys".

Evidently you're not.

How about pimms? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played Against

Michael Slater
Greg Mail
Michael Bevan
Stuart Clark
Nathan Bracken
Don Nash
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
Shane Lee
(and 3 other blokes from the NSW team who I can't remember)
Chris Swan
Greg Rowell

All the NSW guys were in 1 game in 2001 - a match similar to the one Benchmark described, except the whole NSW team played against our representative team with some NSW Country guys and 1 Aus country guy thrown in.

The other 2 were on the Gold Coast during the regular season.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Never played against many decent cricketers, certainly nobody of first class standard. I faced Darren Lehman in the nets about eight years ago. For a bowler who never turns it, I could hardly lay bat on him.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Many but not really...

Practiced, not really played.

Javed Omar, Habibul Bashar, Mehrab Hossain (Opi) of the OLD Bangladesh team...I used to play in the U-13s then and well, they thought it was good practice playing against kids and so I did! LOL!

On the other hand, during the Asian XI vs. Rest of the World, I bowled to Vaas and Bevan in the nets :D! I was so hoping I got a chance to bowl to Klusener but he did not bother batting much in the net session then *sigh*...I idolized him and had/have his bowling action :(!

EDIT: I had a chance once to play against Mashrafe in the nets, I opted out...he was yet to debut and had scary pace. As a short 13 year old (U-15 team), the last thing I wanted was to be hit by a 80mph delivery on the head!

Last edited:

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
i bowled at the late graeme roope england test player of the 70s in a night match. he was playing for duncome park,helmsley. while he was teaching at ampleforth college.

Chubb

International Regular
Marcus Trescothick
Ian Blackwell
Omari Banks
Andy Caddick
Alphonso Thomas

A team of Somerset players few will know - Max Waller, Mike Munday, Mark Turner and more I can't remember.

Dutchmen might know Rene Schoonheim who used to keep wicket for them in the 70s.

I've also played with South Canterbury Hawke Cup representatives but none to my knowledge played FC cricket.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm way too crap to have played for or against anyone remotely famous, however my Dad played indoor cricket against a team containing Steve and Mark Waugh, Greg Matthews, Wayne Holdsworth and a couple of others.

Have also been coached by Darren Smith, who played 1st Grade cricket in Sydney and at Australian level for indoor.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been luckier with those cricketers I've met....

Jimmy Adams
Brian Lara
Courtney Walsh
Michael Holding
Jeff Dujon
Maurice Foster
Franklyn Rose
Herschelle Gibbs
Ricardo Powell
Gareth Breese
Wavell Hinds
Robert Samuels
Ian Bishop
Jermaine Lawson
Carlton Baugh
Ganesh Mahabir
Richard Austin
Glenn Turner
That Kiwi keeper who captained briefly - Lee Germon?

Spoken on the phone to:

Shiv Chanderrpaul
Andy Roberts
Wes Hall
Some great names there.

Shiv, Andy and Wes now have private numbers, ftr.

Last edited:

turnstyle

State 12th Man
With
Dean Brownlie
Michael Swart
Ryan Campbell
Mark Rindel
Lee Daggett
Graham Napier
Benny Howell
Mal Loye
Nicky Peng
Your Mum

Against
Shaun Marsh
Sean Ervine
Liam Davies
Freddie Klokker
Probably a ****load of other **** WA and county players.

Netted with the 2001/02 touring South African team to Australia.
- Mark Boucher was my bunny.
- Jacques Kallis put me into Gloucester Park and went on to score a ton the next day (Dad blamed me for it)
- Got yelled at by Graeme Ford for trying to steal some training balls.
- Free kit

Great day out!

FBU

International Debutant
Played with:

1. M. Elliott
2. N. Jewell
3. U. Khawaja
4. A. Finch
5. J. Moss
6. D. Warner
7. M. Wade+
8. B. Cutting
9. C. McKay
10. P. Siddle
11. D. Nannes

Played against:

1. R. Sharma
2. C. Pujara
3. B. Hodge
4. D. Hussey
5. A. Mathews
6. K. Pollard
7. Safaraz Ahmed+
8. P Chawla
9. N. Hauritz
10. W. Parnell
11. K. Roach

Others: Jason Krezja, Thilan Perera, Marcus North, Mark Cameron, Ravindra Jadeja
I'm impressed. :-O