• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is Richard ??

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
Read my post to PY below.

How does it matter to you if you cant even notice that he has 'taken over' a thread. If you are here on the forum for the pleasure of it, why not try to ensyre that , that is what you get out of it. Why drive yourself nuts by cursing all and sundry howsoever much they may be deserving of your diatribe-according to you.
But you do notice when someone has taken over a thread even with them on the ignore list because it has page after page of usually a certain two individuals, look at the Vaughan 100th ODI or 100th ODI cap thread - it is absolutely unavoidable. Anyway I ensure I waste as little time reading rubbish BY using the ignore list and it's very useful for those that post sensibly - not so useful for those that post consecutively multiple times and scroll off all the interesting bits tho.

tooextracool

International Coach
SJS said:
I dont know if it was a coincidence but there was and has been a distinct reduction in his marathon sessions with TEC.
and if you noticed, nearly all of that has to do with the fact that i have in the last few months cut down on those marathon sessions simply because i didnt want to spend 2 hours just replying to his posts everyday, especially when they werent getting anywhere.

Swervy

International Captain
well starting tomorrow, me and the lady in my life are travelling around the country for a week (well, Milton Keynes for 3 nights to visit rellies,and then a few nights in Yorkshire Dales)..if i see Richard scurrying around with a copy of Wisden in his hand, I will report back to you all a week on Sunday :D

Swervy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Then of course you get ridiculous threads like this where all of a sudden people make out they like him and miss him, contrary to what has been said previously for months and years - kinda two-faced if you ask me.
its got to be said, i do kind of agree with Scaly here...

The forum does seem to liven up a bit when he is here, but I dont know know whether that is for good reasons really.

the threads when Richard isnt around are faster flowing, people dont tend to dwell on the same old repetitive thing for weeks on end..threads live and then die a natural death..with richard its like he loves the slow agonising death of a well flogged topic.

That said, I do like the discussions/arguements when he is involved, because you can almost hear the blood boiling in his skull after a while, and he invariably takes the bait far too easily.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Let's hope he's just on holiday.

I'd have thought that Steve Wayward-Harmison's figures in the last week would have been sufficient to drag him back, although to counter that, Glenn McGrath has been particularly lucky of late.
McGrath hasn't played a Test-match of late.
Nor have I called him lucky once since Adelaide 2004\05, and I'm anticipating excidetly the prospect of seeing him bowl well on flat pitches this summer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
To be fair, the first point he made was fairly true - Richard has a habit of saying SP's comments don't have any validity because SP is a moron (or something similar)
I've said his comments regarding me don't have any validity - not because he's a moron, his being a moron has nothing to do with it - but because of his irrational hatred of me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
That said, I do like the discussions/arguements when he is involved, because you can almost hear the blood boiling in his skull after a while, and he invariably takes the bait far too easily.
Well you can imagine it if you want - only time it's ever actually happened was when you insisted that the old ***ist rubbish was right and correct...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
I believe he said he is on holiday somewhere in the North of England.

He said this in the meet-up thread.
Indeed that was one of a few reasons for my recent 3-week absence.

greg

International Debutant
cricket player said:
He talks too much and he always want to have the last word.
Well the evidence is certainly there in the "last post" column to back up the latter assertion :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Never had a problem with Richard really. I'm sure he's missed by a majority of the CW public that were active when he was.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I've said his comments regarding me don't have any validity - not because he's a moron, his being a moron has nothing to do with it - but because of his irrational hatred of me.
No, you've said his opinions count for nothing as he's a moron.

Incidentally that has been when he's been one of the many picking holes in the so-called "first chance average"

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard said:
I would say thanks, but then again, I thought not.
Awww, come on! :D How can you answer grumpily to that guy? :-O

Would have you preferred a whole cast photo? It's hard to be angry at John Travolta...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe I should clarify; my comment in reply to the pic was based on a piece from the Wisden 2005 editorial by Matthew Engel.
I should probably have added a :), :p or two to clarify.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
No, you've said his opinions count for nothing as he's a moron.
Let's see the comment, then?
Incidentally that has been when he's been one of the many picking holes in the so-called "first chance average"
Nothing to do with that - as you say, there are many, and I've simply said that his attempting to deride anything to do with me can't gain any credence because of the fact that it's done out-of-hand, and clearly without any consideration, just the usual "oh, it's Motson, must be ludicrous rubbish" bullshiiyt.