• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is Richard ??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
This place is not the same without him
Let's hope he's just on holiday.

I'd have thought that Steve Wayward-Harmison's figures in the last week would have been sufficient to drag him back, although to counter that, Glenn McGrath has been particularly lucky of late.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
This place is not the same without him
It certainly isn't the same, that's quite true. I honestly couldn't tell you if it's better or worse as it is, but I'm sure he'll be back. ;)

Piper

International Captain
Last time i spoke to him he said how busy he was with work so maybe thats why hes not here

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He does add a certain je ne sais quoi to the forums.

Whatever one's opinion of his ideas, he is an original thinker when it comes to cricket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK, time for the reality check, CW is MUCH BETTER without Motson, threads with new posts actually don't have dull replies to his tripe on and are nearly always worth reading for a change.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
His views were.....interesting from what i have seen but he seems to add more than you parrot. It also made me laugh when i came on to find an entire page of posts made by him

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
OK, time for the reality check, CW is MUCH BETTER without Motson, threads with new posts actually don't have dull replies to his tripe on and are nearly always worth reading for a change.
Save your spite for when he returns. At least he's capable of replying then. :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Must be very busy with work and here's hoping some new theories arrive along with Richard once Ashes ensues

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I must say i do miss him too, he took the mass criticism pretty well on a regular basis..(well hes lasted so long).. now we have to move onto someone new to rag on .. .. until hes back..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seeing as a few posters brings his name up in many threads for absolutely no reason (its like an obsession), it is fair to say that he is missed.

Craig

World Traveller
I believe he said he is on holiday somewhere in the North of England.

He said this in the meet-up thread.

Scaly piscine

LongHopCassidy said:
Save your spite for when he returns. At least he's capable of replying then. :@
That halfwit is always slipping in his usual 'witty' insults about me into this posts, I only see them when someone else quotes them (I have him and kendall fruit cake amongst a few more on ignore for fairly obvious reasons). I'm sure he'll dig this thread up whenever he returns to ruin all the threads again. I guess I'm the only honest and impolite enough (and that hasn't been banned) to say how much of an improvement it is when Motson disappears for a while. I can just imagine most of the people on this thread so far saying how '"it isn't the same" when Hitler died or Saddam was caught...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^What a pleasant person you are...
AFAIK, Richard often leaves for a while, but usually comes back.

Scaly piscine

Dasa said:
^What a pleasant person you are...
AFAIK, Richard often leaves for a while, but usually comes back.
And Motson is so much nicer by getting cheap digs in on the sly, or ruining umpteen threads, or posting 15 straight times, or insisting the SA v England thread was renamed and so on....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I can just imagine most of the people on this thread so far saying how '"it isn't the same" when Hitler died or Saddam was caught...
Good grief.

I actually like Richard, and miss him. Even though I think many of his theories are off the wall, and he has driven me batty at times, he always sincerely applies himself to an argument (rather than just slanging crap around), and he's actually a very friendly guy, in my experience.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Good grief.

I actually like Richard, and miss him. Even though I think many of his theories are off the wall, and he has driven me batty at times, he always sincerely applies himself to an argument (rather than just slanging crap around), and he's actually a very friendly guy, in my experience.
I disagree with a lot of his theories and he does carry a bit os obstinacy around. But he also is very correct at times and still 'gets it' from others because he is everyones favourite punching bag (sometimes one feels he asks for it :) )

But all said and done, he is one of the most polite persons around and if one did not get influenced by one's disagreements with some of his idea, he is certainly a very friendly person.

I cant think of anyone else I know who has so much written against him and yet responds with dignity and decorum.

It is an admirable quality which some of us would do well to emulate.