• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is Richard ??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bit late on the mantle there, but thanks nonetheless. :)
Where've you been this last week?
I'm very touched by your comments at different times in this thread.
Like I say - fear not, I shall doubtless leave these shores again sometime in the future, but unless my life is taken I am all but certain to return.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Bit late on the mantle there, but thanks nonetheless. :)
Where've you been this last week?
I'm very touched by your comments at different times in this threads.
I was away for three weeks to be with my mother who was very unwell.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
By the way, SJS, I hope everything is ok with your mom.
Yes. Thanks mate and you too Richard.

She is suffering from Multiple Myloma which is a form of cancer (of the bone marrow) so we can only pray that her time with us is prolonged and painless.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Yes. Thanks mate and you too Richard.

She is suffering from Multiple Myloma which is a form of cancer (of the bone marrow) so we can only pray that her time with us is prolonged and painless.
My thoughts are with you and your family, SJS.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
I was away for three weeks to be with my mother who was very unwell.
I must reiterate what everyone else has said....best wishes SJS, and I hope in time all is well for you and your family.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
hope everything is ok SJS, best wishes.
She is under heavy medication which keeps the pain away and reduces the M Band (the problem in the blood) but after a period of time 3-4 months, the M Band reappears and she has to be put on different medication, stronger and different than before. Every time it comes back it is worse than before. There isnt much that can be done bcause of the type of cancer except continue monitoring and the medication.

She gets some bad spells and fairly okay spells. The bones get weaker all the time so we have to endure she doesnt hurt herself and break something.