• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Will I be Famous?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I saw Trescothick pushing a pram with his wife the other day, he looked like he'd rather be facing Brett Lee to be honest..

Langeveldt

Soutie
archie mac said:
No you didn't, just want to make sure we are on the same page:)

Yes has huge hands and soft hands as well, must use a good cream:)
hahaha, reminds me of the legendary Cricket Player - Nibbs incident..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I saw Trescothick pushing a pram with his wife the other day, he looked like he'd rather be facing Brett Lee to be honest..
Really?
They way they put it in WCOTY he loves his Hayley and kids more than being at the crease and being on the course.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Really?
They way they put it in WCOTY he loves his Hayley and kids more than being at the crease and being on the course.
Thats until you retire, your wife goes all wrinkly, and the kid starts demanding money..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, these fickle University students...
How much would depend on the outcome of our latest round of Bouncer-Hook?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pseudo-insults not necessary. (The blatant insult of Piscine a while back wasn't either btw.)
Heh, Motson never changes - I have him on ignore and I still see stuff regularly like this whenever he unfortunately graces CW with his omniscience complex.

Son Of Coco

Michael Slater: Absolute champion. Was just after he was dropped from the Aussie team and he was approachable and chatted for quite a while (including thoughts on whether he'd get back in).
Michael Bevan: The opposite of Slater...
Nathan Bracken: Talked to us for a while about bowling to Tendulkar etc, good guy.
Brad Haddin: Very nice bloke.
Shane Lee: Didn't have much to say...so I don't know.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Steve Waugh - polite but disinterested (fair enough)
Michael Clarke - very friendly and actually asked questions himself
Binger - very friendly and accomodating
McGrath - same again - my kids played with his kids all week on holidays - his wife even friendlier
Pollock - appeared arrogant - may have caught him at a bad moment
Bevan - strange
Mo Matthews - p1sshead but always good for an hour or 2 chat as long as you keep buying his drinks and share a cab home.
Travis Friend - top bloke
Aminul Islam - couldn't meet a nicer bloke - always greets me politely and shows genuine interest

cpr

International Coach
Anthony McGrath, used to live across the road from one of my friends. Told me to move my car (a tiny corsa) so he could get his (a huge city style 4x4) out of the road.

I wasnt even blocking it (parked infront of my mates garage!)

Miserable so and so. He's moved now though.

andyc

Viv Richards-- seemed to be a decent guy, borrowed and wore my pads when he was going out to bat
Doug Walters-- very, very funny
Atul Wassan-- played in his team during the Shanghai Sixes, gave me bowling tips

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Adam Gilchrist
Darren Lehmann
Ricky Ponting
Jason Gillespie - I beat him in a throwing contest - one stump.
And I am sure theres a few more.

archie mac

International Coach
Haddin said:
Adam Gilchrist
Darren Lehmann
Ricky Ponting
Jason Gillespie - I beat him in a throwing contest - one stump.
And I am sure theres a few more.
What were they like?

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
well i know Farvees Maharoof well since we went to school together (wesley). Hes a very nice guy and hasnt taken the fame that seriously..I meet him regulary at our school rugby matches..he never misses them. Also i met Sanath Jayasuriya at a famouse night club in Colombo checking out girls and sipping a Vodka with redbull...i was too drunk that night i think i told that he's the best batsman in the world or something...(lol)

Dydl

International Debutant
Brett Lee - Very nice and approachable.
Stuart MacGill - Asked us how we were and made conversation, and someone didn't have a pen for him to sign with, so he asked if anyone had one he could use...
Brad Haddin - It was in a NSW match, he was just visiting one of his friends to have a chat (they were sitting behind us) and he said hello and we chatted for a bit...
Steve and Mark Waugh - Were OK, they were in a hurry though...
Aaron Nye - It was his debut for Queensland and he got a century, though I reckon he was more nervous than I was (it was a while ago) while I was getting his autograph...:laugh:
Dominic Thornely - It was quite amusing, actually, he was talking about the advantages and disadvantages of being a red-head...quite nice..
Phil Jaques - A few years ago, he wasn't really that "famous" yet...
Matthew Nicholson - Towered over just about everyone...:laugh:
Glenn McGrath - Real nice bloke. He gave a few bowling tips and make a few jokes...
Nathan Bracken - His hair was a real attraction...:laugh: He was signing close to McGrath so they joked about a bit....

Can't be bothered to remember any more atm..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Heh, Motson never changes - I have him on ignore and I still see stuff regularly like this whenever he unfortunately graces CW with his omniscience complex.
And of course so many other people change from said condition too...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dydl said:
Dominic Thornely - It was quite amusing, actually, he was talking about the advantages and disadvantages of being a red-head...quite nice..
Think I have a new favourite Aussie.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dom Thornely is a legend. My dad coached him as a youngster and often keeps in contact. Well spoken guy. Had a beer with him a few weeks ago.