• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would it take to bring cricket back to Pakistan

stumpski

International Captain
Can't see Sri Lanka agreeing to tour again for a while in view of their most recent experience, so in reality it would have to be a side like Bangladesh or maybe Zimbabwe when they come back.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I swear it was such a security blunder....but i am hopefull that something should happen by the end of next year.....during Pak winter....

However, as it stands at the moment it is quite unsafe....

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan could invite a team like Afghanistan who are knocking their door for sometime now for a series of 3 Odis & can prove their security issues. Afghanistan unlike B.Desh/ Zim have been telling that they are ready to to tour troubled Pakistan anytime n I don't see any problem in this series as there are lot of followers for both the countries n can easily expact full-houses (Won't be supriesd if Afg get more support than Pak in few areas). I say Afghans are much better option at the moment than Zim.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, good idea. Would also help the Afghan side to play in one of Pakistan's domestic competitions, which I think they've done in the past.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's all well and good say they should invite smaller countries such as Zimbabwe and Afghanistan to tour, but that wouldn't really prove anything as to the safety of the place I'm afraid.

Craig

World Traveller
It's all well and good say they should invite smaller countries such as Zimbabwe and Afghanistan to tour, but that wouldn't really prove anything as to the safety of the place I'm afraid.
I remember when it happened last year and somebody mentioned the Irish team touring, to which Uppercut responded with: "We might be **** at cricket, but we're not stupid".

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i think it will take a lot more than a minnow team playing a few odi to improve pakistan's status as a no go area for any major side. what happened to sri lanka will tar pakistan's securety reputation for decades. i personally can not see test cricket going back to pakistan for at least another 5 years and i cant see england going there after 5 years.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
International cricket shouldn't be allowed to return to Pakistan for a long time. If it does, someone somewhere is being irresponsible.

Faisal1985

Pakistan could invite a team like Afghanistan who are knocking their door for sometime now for a series of 3 Odis & can prove their security issues. Afghanistan unlike B.Desh/ Zim have been telling that they are ready to to tour troubled Pakistan anytime n I don't see any problem in this series as there are lot of followers for both the countries n can easily expact full-houses (Won't be supriesd if Afg get more support than Pak in few areas). I say Afghans are much better option at the moment than Zim.
It is certainly on the cards. But you have to understand that Mr. Butt the Butt of all asses will make another blunder...

Miandad was able to get together an all star team of some countries and had them agree to tour for some friendly games for the very reason but i think Mr. Butt Hole did not give his approval...so its not just that the security situation is bad...on top of that our administration is worse...

I guarantee you that had there been a brain in any of the admins of PCB or even the Punjab gov. at the time SL team was in Lahore, this attack wouldn't have been possible...they are capable of providing top security but oh well....what can i say....

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
It is certainly on the cards. But you have to understand that Mr. Butt the Butt of all asses will make another blunder...

Miandad was able to get together an all star team of some countries and had them agree to tour for some friendly games for the very reason but i think Mr. Butt Hole did not give his approval...so its not just that the security situation is bad...on top of that our administration is worse...

I guarantee you that had there been a brain in any of the admins of PCB or even the Punjab gov. at the time SL team was in Lahore, this attack wouldn't have been possible...they are capable of providing top security but oh well....what can i say....
Dude how do u think will be the response for Pak vs Afg match in Pak. I think it will have the same awareness as Ind vs Pak match. Might not be commercially but interest wise i guess it would be as much the same as India v pak n much better than pak vs srl or pak vs B.desh.

Faisal1985

Dude how do u think will be the response for Pak vs Afg match in Pak. I think it will have the same awareness as Ind vs Pak match. Might not be commercially but interest wise i guess it would be as much the same as India v pak n much better than pak vs srl or pak vs B.desh.
No i don't think it will be anywhere close to that but who cares about that, the point is to have an international team tour Pakistan and return home safe and sound. As much as the cricket fans like the way Afghan team is coming along it is hardly a contest right now in Pakistan for spectators to attend in good numbers but again that's not the point here.

Read something interesting here....

Mohammad Aamer leads the way but Pakistan must play at home| Mike Selvey | Sport | The Guardian

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Exactly!! I read that Sir Alex was banned for baiting Ango-Australian posters..I dont know whether thats true or not because I wasnt on the forum then..But if baiting is taken so seriously on this forum, I do not understand how some posters continue to make such dire posts.

Faisal1985

Happy to see the sentiment of some posters changing a bit.....personally i believe the first things which need to be done absolutely is to change the PCB chairman. Second imo, India's involvement to set things straight for Pakistan would be a huge breakthrough..not sure how or when this may happen, i am hoping that at the gov. level things work out and trickle down to cricket..i don't see how Aus, Eng, SA, WI would help out other then accomadating Pakistan playing on neutral venues, which in itself is a big favor....but i think India's help at this time will be priceless.....but then again...our gov. or PCB are not different when it comes to blunders and poor diplomacy....

Sir Alex

Banned
^ Exactly!! I read that Sir Alex was banned for baiting Ango-Australian posters..I dont know whether thats true or not because I wasnt on the forum then..But if baiting is taken so seriously on this forum, I do not understand how some posters continue to make such dire posts.
:(