• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would it take to bring cricket back to Pakistan

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I understand the situation of Pakistan security....but was just wondering/hoping....when would this end? or when will it actually be time to say ok lets have another look, if Pak is safe....and even if it is safe..do you think teams would tour ever again...what are we looking at....

The pain of this loss is too big...

Of course i don't mean to start an Indo Pak bashing thread....

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am pretty sure no country out of the sub continent is going to be the first to tour Pakistan. For this situation to change I think first Indo-Pak relations should improve and the govts should hold an Ind-Pak goodwill tour like 2004. This can help slowly reduce the stigma attached to Pakistan and maybe a few years after that the other countries may decide to visit.

Agent TBY

International Captain
When Pakistan becomes a real country, with standards. Like Australia. Am surprised cricket has not also been removed from India for similar reasons.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When Pakistan becomes a real country, with standards. Like Australia. Am surprised cricket has not also been removed from India for similar reasons.
Not necessary nor wanted. Please refrain from posts which will sidetrack threads and make constructive discussion more difficult to come by.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really not sure what it will take. I guess that everyone would take notice if an Indian team was able to get through a tour without incident, although I'd doubt that they would be the first team to tour there.

There has to be a series of baby steps taken, but I'm actually flummoxed as to what those baby-steps could constitute.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I understand the situation of Pakistan security....but was just wondering/hoping....when would this end? or when will it actually be time to say ok lets have another look, if Pak is safe....and even if it is safe..do you think teams would tour ever again...what are we looking at....

The pain of this loss is too big...

Of course i don't mean to start an Indo Pak bashing thread....
Two words - political stability.

What would bring cricket back to Pakistan is what would bring political stability back to Pakistan..

Now what would bring political stability? That is totally a political discussion and beyond cricket by all means.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Lets keep it civil and not test people's nationalism..

Its a painful question as a Pak cricket fan...

Sir Alex

Banned
Cricket without Pakistan is like watching transformers without the special effects. I hope that country comes back to some semblance of peace, and stability atleast in international perception.

Fusion

Global Moderator
First and foremost, it will take time. No team of any sort can be expected to tour at least this year.

Next, like Vic mentioned, will be baby steps. ICC is already considering sending a hand-picked side to Pakistan. It will take some exhibition matches like that before a sub-continent side (Bangladesh?) visits. Realisticly speaking, only the sub-continental sides will be willing to tour at first. If they do, and the tours go off without any attacks/problems, then perhaps others will consider touring.

Frankly, I don't expect any of the Western countries to tour for a good five years or so, and that too assuming that the violence subsides in Pakistan. Can't say I would blame them. I wouldn't tour as a player if I was them until I saw a few dozen tours take place successfully in Pakistan.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
A lifting of the foreign office travel advice (or moving to a lighter category) would make a big difference, I think. At the moment the advice is 'no travel' to certain areas and 'essential travel only' to the rest of the country. I would see cricketers putting their confidence is this kind of government advice, certainly this is used by the company I work for.