• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if?...

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
He'd be on silentstrikers wheel of mediocrity, and would probably have to leave the forum to escape the ridicule and abuse :ph34r: [/stereotype]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've thought about that. Will not reveal that fact on CW until I've got 100 test wickets at an average of 25 or something. And if I don't, will hold my silence throughout my stay here! :p

Haha! He'd be Outswinger@mediumpace within five years.
:laugh:
Judging by the way Indian cricket is going, Ramrodstraight@militarymediumclip would be more like it. :ph34r:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
He'd beat the world record for most wickets before retiring and dying tragically young.

What if a rule was introduced stating that you could only play international cricket for the country of your birth?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He'd beat the world record for most wickets before retiring and dying tragically young.

What if a rule was introduced stating that you could only play international cricket for the country of your birth?
Then England would be number 5 in the world in tests and own no global trophies.

What if Brad Haddin had caught Andrew Strauss of Ryan Harris at Perth in December? The next over Strauss hit Harris for 3 fours and Harris was replaced by Johnson. Johnson took wickets and Australia won the match.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Then we wouldn't see shock jocks complaining about England, and England wouldn't be the best test team in the world. Crabb would also not have Symonds to vent his spleen about :ph34r:

What if the First Chance Average theory was adopted by mainstream cricket writers?

morgieb

Then England would be number 5 in the world in tests and own no global trophies.

What if Brad Haddin had caught Andrew Strauss of Ryan Harris at Perth in December? The next over Strauss hit Harris for 3 fours and Harris was replaced by Johnson. Johnson took wickets and Australia won the match.
No difference I think.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

The law would easily be overturned in court on the basis that it is discriminatory. It would last about 5 minutes.

morgieb

What if Andrew Strauss had captained the England team on the 2006/07 Ashes tour?
Not much difference. Maybe it wouldn't have been a 5-0 whitewash though.

What if Mugabe had not been a corrupt prick circa 2000?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not much difference. Maybe it wouldn't have been a 5-0 whitewash though.

What if Mugabe had not been a corrupt prick circa 2000?
In all seriousness, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference to the actual result. The big "what if" in zaremba's question is would leading England to an absolute drubbing have been a huge black mark on Strauss' captaincy credentials when the Pietersen/Moores thing blew up? It might have, but I don't think we really had any viable alternatives once Pietersen had been fired. Cook's place in the side was far from secure (he hadn't made a ton for over 12 months by that point) and the only other senior in the side whos place was anywhere near secure was Collingwood, who chucked the One Day captaincy 6 months prior.

Teja.

Global Moderator
What if it is revealed tomorrow that Rahul Dravid threw a FC game in 1995 with it also being revealed that his record has been crystal clear ever since. ?

morgieb

He still would've got banned.

What if the hacking scandal was around the same time as the spot-fixing scandal?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What if the hacking scandal was around the same time as the spot-fixing scandal?
All the electronic evidence is declared inadmissable, the NotW hacks are arrested for illegally accessing the voicemails of Butt, Aamer & Asif, who're awarded punitive damages for defamation and restored to the Pakistan national team. Giles Clarke is broken by the experience, announces henceforth he wishes to be known as "Gillian" and changes gender.

What if - Zaheer Khan & Sehwag had been fit for the whole of the Indian tour of England?