• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if?...

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would have known who this Peter Moores is.

What if Clarrie Grimmett wasn't forced to retire from test matches after his best series and could play test matches during his best years as a bowler?
I'd never have learned about Chuck Fleetwood-Smith.

What if CWers selected national teams?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There would have been little effect on the career of Mohammad Asif, who would still have been unable to play "home" Tests for Pakistan due to being barred from entering the United Arab Emirates.
He is now cleared to enter UAE

We'd be richer.

What if Mansor Ali Khan Pataudi had clear vision in both eyes?
His average would be even greater.

What if India unearth the next great fast bowler?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
They have already lost Amir, Asif and Butt, so no loss there. Farhat and Kamran would be a blessing. The only loss we would feel is Wahab and Junior.

What if Imran Khan becomes the next PCB chairman?

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
They have already lost Amir, Asif and Butt, so no loss there. Farhat and Kamran would be a blessing. The only loss we would feel is Wahab and Junior.

What if Imran Khan becomes the next PCB chairman?
He fills the team with Mohammad Samis and the team goes to pot.

What if cricket was played with baseball bats instead of cricket bats?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

What if? Isnt it already played in that fashion now? There is even a semifinal match going on in that way.

pskov

International 12th Man

A good batting average would be 25 and a single would rarer than a boundary.

What if Pakistan isn't able to host an international series for the next 20 years?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
A good batting average would be 25 and a single would rarer than a boundary.

What if Pakistan isn't able to host an international series for the next 20 years?
They will make the UAE their home and we won't see a result for them at home for a long time.

What if MS Dhoni hadn't promoted himself in the order in the World Cup final.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
India would still have lost heavily due to their batting woes. Sreesanth wouldn't have exposed himself as being utterly hopeless.

What if Kevin Pietersen and Peter Moores had had a productive working relationship?
Good one I'm not sure about this. I reckon England would still be a good team and possibly number 1, but might have been 3rd or 2nd.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
They will make the UAE their home and we won't see a result for them at home for a long time.

What if MS Dhoni hadn't promoted himself in the order in the World Cup final.
Then possibly somebody else would have done it. :p

What if Mitch Johnson had a nice upright wrist position at release to seam/swing the ball consistently and a good bowling brain to go alongwith?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Then possibly somebody else would have done it. :p

What if Mitch Johnson had a nice upright wrist position at release to seam/swing the ball consistently and a good bowling brain to go alongwith?
Then he, along with Dale Steyn and James Anderson, would be one of the best fast bowlers in the world right now, possibly even the best.

What if Michael Hussey's first ball in the Ashes in 2010/11 had carried to slip (it fell just short)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Then the Aussies would've dropped him by now.

Cabinet96 said:
What if Michael Hussey's first ball in the Ashes in 2010/11 had carried to slip (it fell just short)
It would've been referred to the TV umpire and given not out.

What if Outswinger@pace played for India?

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Then the Aussies would've dropped him by now.

It would've been referred to the TV umpire and given not out.

What if Outswinger@pace played for India?
He'd be on silentstrikers wheel of mediocrity, and would probably have to leave the forum to escape the ridicule and abuse :ph34r: [/stereotype]

What if T20 had the provision of 10 runs being docked from the team total every time a team lost a wicket?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What if T20 had the provision of 10 runs being docked from the team total every time a team lost a wicket?
Then chasing would be a lot easier. Think about today in the Champions League. NSW lost 2 wickets while Bangalore lost a few. The same thing happened in SA v RCB. SA only lost 2 wickets but RCB lost 8.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Then chasing would be a lot easier. Think about today in the Champions League. NSW lost 2 wickets while Bangalore lost a few. The same thing happened in SA v RCB. SA only lost 2 wickets but RCB lost 8.
I was wondering from the point of whether batsmen would start valuing their wicket more and take fewer risks. 9 wickets lost vs 5 opposition wickets taken would put you 40 runs behind right there, which is a lot in T20. Bowlers might have to compromise on their run-containment strategy.

Last edited: