• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies and India in New Zealand

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
National Bank Series 2008/09

West Indies

December 2008

Fri 05 - Sun 07 v State Auckland Aces at Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland

Thur 11 - Mon 15 1st Test at University Oval, Dunedin 12noon

Fri 19 – Tues 23 2nd Test at McLean Park, Napier 12noon

Fri 26 Twenty20 International at Eden Park, Auckland 5.00pm

Sun 28 Twenty20 International at Seddon Park, Hamilton 5.00pm

Wed 31 1st ODI at Queenstown Events Centre, Queenstown 12noon

January 2009

Sat 03 2nd ODI at AMI Stadium, Christchurch 2.00pm

Wed 07 3rd ODI at Westpac Stadium, Wellington 2.00pm

Sat 10 4th ODI at Eden Park, Auckland 12noon

Tues 13 5th ODI at McLean Park, Napier 12noon

India

March 2009

Fri 06 Twenty20 International at Westpac Stadium, Wellington 7.00pm

Sun 08 1st ODI at McLean Park, Napier 2.00pm

Wed 11 2nd ODI at Seddon Park, Hamilton 2.00pm

Sat 14 3rd ODI at Eden Park, Auckland 2.00pm

Tues 17 4th ODI at Westpac Stadium, Wellington 2.00pm

Fri 20 5th ODI at AMI Stadium, Christchurch 2.00pm

Sun 22 - Tues 24 v New Zealand XI at Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln University

Thurs 26 - Mon 30 1st Test Match at Seddon Park, Hamilton 11.00am

April 2009

Fri 03 - Tues 07 2nd Test Match at Allied Nationwide Finance Basin Reserve, Wgtn 11.00am

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
WI Test squad will most likely be:

Chris Gayle(c)
Ramnaresh Sarwan(vc)
Denesh Ramdin/Carlton Baugh(wk)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brendan Nash
Xavier Marshall
Sewnarine Chattergoon
Leon Johnson
Jerome Taylor
Daren Powell
Fidel Edwards
Kemar Roach
Dave Mohammed/Nikita Miller/Amit Jaggernauth/Sulieman Benn

No telling who the spinner will be. Any one of those have a shot as it stands with Miller being the frontrunner. Might be Baugh for ODIs and Ramdin for Tests but no way of telling ATM. Bravo injured until February.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Roach in the Test team after 4 FC games?! I guess the system in West Indies is similar to the one in India, whereas the U19 system is the main feeder.

bryce

International Regular
Problem is the West Indies have about 1/10 of the options India have which is what makes the Indian selection policies that much more ludicrous...
Anyway don't think they will be that keen to take Ramdin after his brain explosions on the last tour but who knows

bryce

International Regular
Boxing day 20/20 probaly isn't the worst idea, should bring some sort of festival atmosphere

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I guess...wish it was still a Test at the Basin though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Queenstown ODI and a few days of the Dunedin Test. Should be gun.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah so I do I personally, but obviously we're not concerned about making profit lol
I'd wager a relatively well-attended Twenty20 is a hell of a lot more profitable for NZ Cricket than a test, when you take costs into account.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
April 2009

Fri 03 - Tues 07 2nd Test Match at Allied Nationwide Finance Basin Reserve, Wgtn 11.00am
Since when has the Basin been sponsored by Allied Nationwide Finance? :S

On paper I'm not so convinced about the West Indies, and I think we should go into that series as favourites. By the way is Gayle still their captain? - thought he stepped aside.

India should be an excellent series, hopefully with pitches more conducive to run scoring than 2002/03 where the side batting first would struggle to make 150 in an ODI.

_Ed_

Yeah Gayle changed his mind, which was good to hear as he has done a great job.

Zinzan

I'd wager a relatively well-attended Twenty20 is a hell of a lot more profitable for NZ Cricket than a test, when you take costs into account.
Costs might be higher, but so are the advertising dollars over 5 days

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't think we should write off the WIndies ahead of this series. They've just had a very competetive (imo) series versus Australia, and have at least 3 recognised class test batsmen (Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Gayle) with some good looking young guys (Bravo, Marshall and Chattergoon). We are without any experienced, test batsman in the calibre of Chanderpaul. Taylor and Oram would probably be our best in the XI, then we have a lot of new guys floting around, and some guys trying to re-invent themselves in some ways (McCullum up the order, How re-establishing himself).

We might have them on the bowling, though, but conditions may even that out. Taylor is a greatly improved bowler, while NZ conditions might be bread and butter for someone like Sammy. Not to mention the fact we have a bad track record against genuine pace bowlers, which WIndie have in spades (Taylor, Edwards and Powell).

I think this series will be closer than most people will be expecting, if the WIndies field the best XI that they can.

Beleg

International Regular
I think this series will be closer than most people will be expecting, if the WIndies field the best XI that they can.
If WI field their best XI then it wouldn't much of a contest.