• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Ups

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, really hating the teacher's class map tbh. Munro, Fraudy Anderson and Ronchi's desks should never be that close to each other.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morrison keeps calling him Sangas

Isn't that Aus/NZ speak for sandwich?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good workout for our boys today and a good result beating India however considering its only a warm up , nothing to get too excited about...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a link to an online petition against that ridiculous injunction forced by STAR on websites to delay game coverage/updates? I can't find it. EDIT: Signed the petition

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Poor Binny, didn't get an over and was sent at number 8 to bat, funniest part was Ashwin try to keep the strike with him at the other end, its just a warm up game, the guy should have got to bat higher up the order.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well England are doing spiffingly against the Windies, I'm beginning to agree with Egyptian that Bresnan can't play. I also hope Dernbach doesn't either. Jordan, Broad, Bopara, Parry, Tredders, Ali should be the 6 who bowl I reckon.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
thanks bro. It's not going to work either way but going down a primarily spin/paceless related attack is the best way to go imo. Tredwell, Parry and Ali aren't special but they're going to offer more control than the seamers. Problem is they aren't going to take wickets through deception- All they can do is contain and at this level they're going to need plenty of help from the wicket. Broad aside (who there must be fitness doubts over given he still hasn't played) the seam attack is woeful. Even Jordan who did well in the last game is a disaster waiting to happen. Spears two down leg every over and england were going with fineleg up to him the other day.

Losing Root imo is a pretty big blow to the tactics because he was gonna bowl a decent amount. I'd probably still have Bresnan in for Jordan in that bowling lineup grecian but otherwise that's probably how I'd go. Dump Bresnan this summer but unless Jordan can stop shoving two down the legside an over he's probably the best of a bad bunch.

It's only really a bowling attack that at best is going to keep a team to an average score and given the batting is way below average at present it's hard to see how we can progress which is a shame given England are in the easier group.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Williamson & Hira in particular getting murdered :blink:1 over for 24 & 2 overs for 44 respectively. Isn't it supposed to be slow spinner-friendly conditions there? :wacko:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Mills with 2-21 off his 4. I wonder whether on these slower pitches he's a better bet than McC's peaches and pies.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
And a run out! Ball goes to mid wicket, they try to run a tight two, too tight, Devcich is run out for 2, 194-9 now, 7 from 3 needed ^RI

Kyle Mills the new man - Devcich hits the 2nd ball for two to long on, 7 from 4 needed ^RI

And Neesham is caught on the boundary at mid off going for the big hit, 192-8 now, 9 from 5 the target #wt20 ^RI

Nine needed from the last, it's @jimmyneesh and @bigcall13 to get us home #wt20 ^RI

Ronchi caught on the boundary at mid-off for 21, 191-7, 10 from 7 needed #wt20 ^RI

Starc bowls @jimmyneesh a beamer, no ball, 10 from 8 needed #wt20 ^RI

Anderson pierces the gap between two fielders at mid-wicket, then gets caught at long off for 29, 13 from 10 needed #wt20 ^RI