• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar|Saqlain|Wasim|Akhtar played twenty one ODI's together, Analysis.

Your favourite from the four?

• Shoaib Akhtar

• Wasim Akram

• Saqlain Mushtaq

• Waqar Younis

Results are only viewable after voting.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Last international Saqlain played was the Multan test in 2004 when he was not even 28! He should have played more, may be another 8-10 years. He would have walked into most other international sides. Actually should have walked into Pakistan team too. Who was his replacement? Kaneria and Arshad Khan? I would bet Saqlain would have produced better returns even after his "decline"

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last international Saqlain played was the Multan test in 2004 when he was not even 28! He should have played more, may be another 8-10 years. He would have walked into most other international sides. Actually should have walked into Pakistan team too. Who was his replacement? Kaneria and Arshad Khan? I would bet Saqlain would have produced better returns even after his "decline"
Pakistan though. Was he really 28

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Sehwag scarred him mentally. That assault was brutal. The long term impact could be such that the player at the receiving end of such a treatment would never get his confidence back. The very reason why the likes of Viru and King Viv to a larger extent have those intangibles and the impact well beyond what their stats say.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag scarred him mentally. That assault was brutal. The long term impact could be such that the player at the receiving end of such a treatment would never get his confidence back. The very reason why the likes of Viru and King Viv to a larger extent have those intangibles and the impact well beyond what their stats say.
sehwag didnt do anything to scar him tf? This is such FB/YT tier cringe take indians do and cmon youre better then them. His innings came at the moment he was getting removed by management and it was all timing.

Anyways i dont even know if you actually even watched the match but Saqlain had Sehwag in his bag in the first half and off his bowling Sehwag was dropped at 68 and 77 two times. Saqlain's figures were effected and it was the crap usual fielding of pakistan that lead to Saqlain having those numbers. Saqlain was robbed off a good career by usual corrupts

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
sehwag didnt do anything to scar him tf? This is such FB/YT tier cringe take indians do and cmon youre better then them. His innings came at the moment he was getting removed by management and it was all timing.

Anyways i dont even know if you actually even watched the match but Saqlain had Sehwag in his bag in the first half and off his bowling Sehwag was dropped at 68 and 77 two times. Saqlain's figures were effected and it was the crap usual fielding of pakistan that lead to Saqlain having those numbers. Saqlain was robbed off a good career by usual corrupts
43-4-204-1
It was among the worst bowling spells in history. And only once prior to that, any Pakistan bowler who took one wicket or less, conceded more runs than that. And that too, way back in 1958 when Khan Mohammad conceded 259 in the Sobers 365* match.

Yasir Shah too has become a master of these kind of spells, btw.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

You need to stop biting man. If you didn't make such a target of yourself, most Indians will happily concede the four bowlers you've listed were some of the best going around. For what it's worth, Saqlain in India in '99 was a nightmare to watch for Indian fans. Peak skills, regularly making some of our best-ever batsmen look like fools.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@Ymaxxx - gonna give you some genuine free advice here dude. This forum has some of the best Indian and Pakistan cricket fans and almost never gets down to extremely stupid and useless Ind Vs Pak flame wars like you maybe used to from FB and YouTube and IG and Twitter or wherever you have seen this. We value our friendship and brotherhood beyond silly territorial disputes and we come together here as genuine cricket fans, as we have to enough to rail against as SC fans in the first place. :)

A lot of our Indian posters have simply been having some fun getting a rise out of you. If you go back and read the thread on the ICC CT 2017, you will see how much genuine bonhomie and friendliness exists between the two sets of posters here. I want to think you are not a multi of another flame baiting poster here who always tried to rile up Ind-Pak tensions etc. So if you are not, and you genuinely want to come to a place and have great cricket discussion, CW is the best around in the internet right now. And I say that as someone who took a break for more than a year from these forums and searched elsewhere on the interwebz for a better place to discuss cricket. It does not exist. So chill out and represent SC desis all over here. :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I have always been a Saqlain fanboy.

BTW if I had to choose a spinner who I think is most likely to succeed if they toured one more time, I would say Saqlain Mushtaq. Don't need to look up stats before making that call.
Yeah Saqlain definitely is stuck in mind as one of the uniquely gifted players of 90s
Saqlain was much more than mystery and doosra though. You are imagining him as Ajantha Mendis like bowler. But Saqi was far more street smart. The way he squeezed batsmen for room who tried to play late cuts to see their off stump knocked silly was a sight to behold. Unusually for a spinner, Saqlain also bowled in death overs regularly. Has a total of 6 fivers which in ODI cricket is a LOT!
Saqlain for nostalgic reasons. His bowling mesmerised me. Such a champion.

Will never understand why he had such a short career. In any other team he'd have got close to 400 teset wickets IMO.
Saqlain as a bowler: I bowled off spin and in the days when I first started playing regularly, Saqlain was the best off spinner in the world (Murali was yet to come of age). I modeled my action after him. Loved to ball to lefties against whom I generally found my length sooner.
Among spinners I liked Saqlain Mushtaq. His action exuded confidence. And he could go wide of the crease, bowl from much short of the bowling line, without affecting his length.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
@Ymaxxx -I want to think you are not a multi of another flame baiting poster here who always tried to rile up Ind-Pak tensions etc.
yeh ik chill and im not. i dont hate india, infact my gf is indian too. Fk it most of my friends are indians anyways. i really dont give af abt either country's politics to discuss that. but like srsly 4 days in and im saudi, a beggar, getting condolences about jadeja being better then imran, ct was a time waste, getting narrated abt fixing stories of my team players im aware off, wheres my gabba win.

like ik youre all joking arnd (its obv lol), but you cant just be like that and go "chIll" & "desis together strong" after welcoming like this and not expect me to flame/troll back lol

smash84

The Tiger King
@Ymaxxx, dude, who are you? Showing up in an Imran avatar? There is supposed to be only one guy in the Imran avatar on this forum, and that is not supposed to be you.

And honestly, your posting is so cringeworthy :sick:. Stop with the India Pakistan wars. You can't win, they're 1 billion+ of them out there :p

But seriously, why are you posting this kind of inflammatory stuff on here? seems like a youtube comments section

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
@Ymaxxx, dude, who are you? Showing up in an Imran avatar? There is supposed to be only one guy in the Imran avatar on this forum, and that is not supposed to be you.

And honestly, your posting is so cringeworthy :sick:. Stop with the India Pakistan wars. You can't win, they're 1 billion+ of them out there :p

But seriously, why are you posting this kind of inflammatory stuff on here? seems like a youtube comments section
Smali, been a long time. Welcome back :)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
yeh ik chill and im not. i dont hate india, infact my gf is indian too. Fk it most of my friends are indians anyways. i really dont give af abt either country's politics to discuss that. but like srsly 4 days in and im saudi, a beggar, getting condolences about jadeja being better then imran, ct was a time waste, getting narrated abt fixing stories of my team players im aware off, wheres my gabba win.

like ik youre all joking arnd (its obv lol), but you cant just be like that and go "chIll" & "desis together strong" after welcoming like this and not expect me to flame/troll back lol
You brought it upon yourself by taking up the bait, buddy. But like people above have said, once you settle in, there is no better place in the world to discuss cricket than this forum.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
43-4-204-1
It was among the worst bowling spells in history. And only once prior to that, any Pakistan bowler who took one wicket or less, conceded more runs than that. And that too, way back in 1958 when Khan Mohammad conceded 259 in the Sobers 365* match.

Yasir Shah too has become a master of these kind of spells, btw.
Wow, there is Yasir Shah everywhere in that table. Still has a decent average of 30ish. So, should have had some God-like spells as well. Competes for the epitome of extremity with Fawad Alam, Marcus North, Shaun Marsh etc.