• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What do we make of this? Anyone have any idea what he could bring to the role?
Smart guy, hopefully a good communicator. Selection isn't rocket science, to me it's about watching a lot of cricket, having good relationships with people at all levels and getting the 'good oil', and knowing the players well enough to get a handle on not just the numbers but who might mentally handle the highest level and all that comes with it.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Easy win, well done especially to rach. Santner and henry we already know are quality. Encouraging to see kane get through after the ginger running first up. Good to hear Ian smith on commentary as always! First time I'm actually hearing him commentate a game from the subc.

On another note can icc finally get some new graphics for the scorecard? Been the exact same since the 2019 wc and the two t20 wc's after that. Also the song/anthem for the world cup this year is absolute sh**. Just nitpicky s***t but go Blackcaps! ODI World cup time is finally here!

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chapman, Ravindra and Neesham fighting for one spot? That's probably my order of preference, too.
If Conway's (or Phillips) keeping was up to ODI standard- which is doubtful, we could play this XI on a spinners surface and bat deep like England, SA and Australia do.

As it is I'd stick with Latham as keeper, and he does play spin well himself but lots to love about this batting line up.

Neesham if it's a pacers track.

Young
Conway +
Williamson(c)
Mitchell
Phillips
Ravindra
Chapman
Santner
Sodhi
Henry
Boult