• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 25 cricketers of Shane Warne's Career - as decided by CW

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is that your:

a) Joke list
b) "Personal favourites" list
c) Actual serious list of who you consider are the 15 best cricketers of the past decade and a half?

Because it's hard to tell.
Scathing, by your standards. :p

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Top 15 then...

1. Tendulkar
2. Murali
3. Lara
4. Warne
5. Ambrose
6. McGrath
7. Wasim
8. Ponting
9. Dravid
10. S. Waugh
11. Waqar
12. Flower
13. Aravinda
14. Thorpe
15. Walsh

Aravinda punches above his weight thanks to fine performances against the Aussies, with the '96 WC final his standout moment. Same with Thorpe -- on pure merit, I'd put Donald, Jayasuriya, Border and perhaps Gilchrist ahead of them.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Top 15.

1. Wasim Akram
2. Glen Mcgrath
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Brian Lara
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Ricky Ponting
7. Stephen Waugh
8. Aravinda DeSilva
9. Andrew Flintoff
10. Adam Gilchrist
11. Curtley Ambrose
12. Jack Kallis
13. Alan Donald
14. Muralitharan
15. Mathew Hayden

So - 5 Aussies, 2 South Africans, 2 Indians, 2 Srilankans, 2 West Indians, 1 Englishman, 1 Pakistani

Close ones to miss out - Anil Kumble, Ian Healy, Andy Flower, Shaun Pollock and Inzamam-ul-Haq.

PS:- The list obviusly doesn't include Warne because we picking 15 best cricketers from his era excluding him.

Fusion

Global Moderator
PS:- The list obviusly doesn't include Warne because we picking 15 best cricketers from his era excluding him.
Actually SS specified that Warne can be considered, and hence most people have him in their lists.

Chubb

International Regular
So why are Chanderpaul and Pieterson there?
Because I like Chanderpaul, and I've actually seen Pietersen take Warne apart. Look, I didn't put much thought into my list. I just put in a mix of the agreed greats of the era and personal favourites. It took me like 5 minutes.

funnygirl

State Regular
So this thread should be named as the ''My favourite cricketers '' rather than ''top cricketers '' of Warne's era .Because some of the lists are really ''ridiculous''.

Dissector

International Debutant
Hmm this is tough; especially the first few places. I am restricting myself to players of the same era as Warne ignoring the likes of Kapil and Border.

1. Murali
2. Kallis
3. McGrath
4. Lara
5. Tendulkar
6. Akram
7. Ambrose
8. Ponting
9. Warne
10. Pollock
11. Gilchrist
12.Dravid
13. Kumble
14. Steve Waugh
15. Inzy

Kallis a seriously underrated cricketer IMO.

Slifer

International Captain
1. Mcgrath
2. Murali
3.Ambrose
4. SRT
5.Warne
6.Lara
7.Donald
8.Wasim
9.Waugh
10.Ponting
11. Dravid
12. Gilchrist
13. A Flower
14. Waqar
15.Kallis

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
1. Murali
2. Lara
3. Pietersen
4. Vaas
5. MacGill
6. Kumble
7. Vettori
8. Monty
9. Sangakkara
10. Jayasuriya
11. Ambrose
12. Donald
13. Wasim
14. Waqar
15. Malinga
Great. I think I should revise mine to

1. Sachin
2. Dravid
3. Kapil
4. Kumble
5. Harbhajan
6. Srinath
7. Ganguly
8. Sehwag
9. Chris Harris
10. Kaneria
11. MervDillon
12. Ronnie Irani
13. Zoysa
14. Amla
15. Daniel Cullen.

My team is very objective and fair and covers all the eight major test playing countries as a testimony of my fairness and complete lack of bias.