• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Anderson has just passed 1000 First-Class Wickets.

Unlike when I made this call a few years ago with Herath, this time I am fairly certain he will be the last to do so. Broad is a long outside shot on 836 and I don't think anyone else is close. Ashwin on 648 is maybe the next best bet, but even more of a stretch IMO.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Murtagh's taken 860+; there's a Cricketer interview from earlier this year about his chances of "scrabbling to 900 wickets", so 1000 isn't on the cards.

Harmer's taken 680+ and he's only 32 - could certainly take 50 per season for another 6 years.

Incidentally, Herath isn't the last player to reach 1000 before Anderson: Dinuka Hettiarachchi reached 1000 in 2019.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Evin Lewis became the quickest player to hit 100 sixes in T20Is yesterday.

Evin Lewis 42 matches
Chris Gayle 49 matches
Colin Munro 57 matches
Aaron Finch 70 matches
Martin Guptil 72 matches

I'm surprised at just how far ahead he is. Impressive!

sunilz

International Regular
Shaw got MoM today for 43 runs. What is the previous lowest total in a fully completed match and there were half centurions in the match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
James Anderson has just passed 1000 First-Class Wickets.
His 1,000 wicket was also the fifth wicket of his 51st FC 5-for, and the 1,001st and 1,002nd that followed shortly after gave him his best FC figures of 7-19.

Can't be too many bowlers who've reached the milestone who did it in the course of career best figures.

Reactions: FBU

Flem274*

123/5
WAGner's at 762.
we've shortened our fc season tho and he's 35. he needs a post-test career county contract. he's so fit he's probably mad enough to do a darren stevens and just keep playing bowling 115-120kph.

given he owns beachfront property at the mount though, no chance he bothers going to england to watch rain fall in a paddock in surreychesterborough.

ataraxia

International Coach
we've shortened our fc season tho and he's 35. he needs a post-test career county contract. he's so fit he's probably mad enough to do a darren stevens and just keep playing bowling 115-120kph.

given he owns beachfront property at the mount though, no chance he bothers going to england to watch rain fall in a paddock in surreychesterborough.
5 more 50-wicket seasons isn't out of the question, even with only NZ domestic and tests. Unlikely though.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
I recall Dravid once got an MoM for scoring 45 in a game in Toronto against Pakistan where India won after setting a target of 170 odd.

Edit: 46 runs, target set 192. Scorecard
S.Ganguly garnered 4 consecutive MoM awards in 1997 against Pakistan in Toronto - a record for ODI's
1626702762949.png