• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last batsman to be left on 99* in an ODI prior to Evin Lewis was Jason Holder against PNG in the ICC WC qualifiers two years ago.

Bijed

International Regular
I've fallen into the trap of believing cricinfo commentary before for this sort of thing and later finding out it was wrong, but apparently Zimbabwe's top 3 all scoring 50+ in the ongoing SL test is the first time it's ever happened for them in test cricket

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Out of 40 ODIs that Kohli has played against Australia, India have won the toss on 15 occasions, Australia 25.

Out of 71 ODIs that Tendulkar has played against Australia, India have won the toss on 30 occasions, Australia 41.

Aussies win a plenty of tosses against India, don't they ? Have to say though, that, in Tendulkar's case it may not have mattered for a lot of his career against that ATG team.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia probably chose the wrong thing to do in many of those tosses, just as they did in the 96 final.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Which is irrelevant. The point is they had more than their fair share of luck as far as the tosses are concerned against India.

sunilz

International Regular
Out of 40 ODIs that Kohli has played against Australia, India have won the toss on 15 occasions, Australia 25.

Out of 71 ODIs that Tendulkar has played against Australia, India have won the toss on 30 occasions, Australia 41.

Aussies win a plenty of tosses against India, don't they ? Have to say though, that, in Tendulkar's case it may not have mattered for a lot of his career against that ATG team.
And how is this a milestone?

Bijed

International Regular
England today scored their 500,000th test run today, the most by any team (unsurprisingly given the relative volumes of cricket played)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Where does Dave Extras sit in the list of top runmakers for Blighty?

Always thought he was an underrated performer. Think he was even mentioned as a possible captain during the 89 Ashes. I mean, sure, some would argue he's just a statistical contrivance to record sundries, but has always been there for us with small, but crucial contributions. Certainly adds more value than Chris Cowdrey did, anyway.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
England today scored their 500,000th test run today, the most by any team (unsurprisingly given the relative volumes of cricket played)
How far behind are Australia? (i assume we’d have more runs per match tho)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Always thought he was an underrated performer. Think he was even mentioned as a possible captain during the 89 Ashes. I mean, sure, some would argue he's just a statistical contrivance to record sundries, but has always been there for us with small, but crucial contributions. Certainly adds more value than Chris Cowdrey did, anyway.
Good to see that 1988 and 1989 still hurt.

Bijed

International Regular
How far behind are Australia? (i assume we’d have more runs per match tho)
Here's the link

Aus about 70,000 behind. Higher average and runs per match, yeah.

Quick bit of excel work tells me that Australia, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies, South Africa and Pakistan all have higher runs per match than England. Might have a look how countries compare if you filter down to a country's span of playing tests later

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tamim Iqbal's 334* is the highest FC score by a Bangladeshi batsman.

It is the second triple century by a Bangladeshi batsman.
Raqibul Hasan is the other (314).

Howe_zat

Audio File

David Extras MBE has added 30,179 runs to the England cause, making him comfortably the highest scorer for England over a distinguished 143 year Test career. He does average only 16.41 runs per innings, but I expect that includes a lot of not outs.

I'm not sure about his services to the nation though, considering he's scored 26,536 for the opposition in that time. He does at least have enough national loyalty to average considerably fewer against us (14.15 per innings).

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His average and high score puts him in about the same batting class as Wally Grout

Useful number 7/8