• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Prediction Thread

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ooooh predictions, I'll have a go :ph34r:

Murali to get 850 test wickets
Alan Donald to coach South Africa by 2010
Racial taunts to be levelled at Panesar at Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane
West Indies to make the semi finals of the CWC 2007 and lose to Pakistan
Australia to beat Sri Lanka in the other semi, and lose to Pakistan in the final
Alistair Cook to average under 30 in this summers ashes
Monty to be hit numerous times, and reduced to tears as a result of the pain endured
Australia to win the ashes back with the series finishing 3-1
Australia to have a cricketer from African decent by 2020:-O
Kevin Pietersen to average between 48 and 50 by the end of his career

Please note these are predictions, and I simply based my assumptions on my own perceptions and interpretations and do not wish to portray any form of prejudice, malice or ill feeling towards, a country, individual or school of thought.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Galactic_Soap said:
Alan Donald to coach South Africa by 2010
Racial taunts to be levelled at Panesar at Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane.
Hope the first happens, the second one is almost bound to..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Galactic_Soap said:
Australia to have a cricketer from African decent by 2020:-O
Anthropologically we are all of African decent so you are 1 for 1 at the moment :)

bagapath

International Captain
aussie said "Brian Lara's record to be broken within the next 2 years"

which record 400* or 28 in one over? (you already said ponting will end up with 15000 runs, so i know you didnt mean the record aggregate)

goughy said "Anthropologically we are all of African decent so you are 1 for 1 at the moment"

in cricketing terms 1 for 1 is a bad start. so pl change it to one out of 1 :)

My predictions:

sachin's final test career batting average will be 52.69 (note it down guys, i am serious about this)

shaun pollock will retire from test cricket with 419 wickets at an average of 24.87

murali will retire with 933 wickets and that record will be broken by an englishman in 2043. some of us might not be around to see that. so enjoy the moment when murali over takes warne. it might be the last bowling world record you witness. BTW, that englishman will be a predomiantly fast bowler who plays his last 40 tests as a fast - medium bowler due to age.

more immediate predictions.
australia will win the ashes 2 - 1
ponting will be man of the series. gilchrist will have a bad a series. he will fade out by the end of 2007 from team australia with a final average of 46 (i love him. but i think his time is up).

world cup finals: south africa will beat australia by 3 wickets

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Another prediction which i feel will occur:

- Steve Davies to play for England by the end of 2007.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
TheEpic said:
Pakistan will win the World Cup.
Its funny to know as to how Pakistan becomes the contender for world cup whenever they manages to win a match( even if its against a third class injury plagued team) yet India thrown out of contention if they loses few after record breaking marathon wins.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
Mine
Asif Coming out big .
Murali getting 800 test wickets
More attacks and accusations against Murali .
ICC to be divided into two groups , biased and non biased ..
Afridi setteling down as a proper test level batsman ..
Tendulkar , Over ...
Ganguly , Who ?
Asif comming out as big dissapointment in world cup and comming series.

Murali getting 800 wkts, yet question marks remains as to whether he actually took any wkts.

As if we hadn't had enough

ICC devided in two groups, biased and even more biased.

Afridi being appointed as curator of pitches in England, particularly when England take on Aus in England the next time around.

Tendulkar overcomming his choking problem and leading India to win a WC win.

Ganguly, who could have achieved so much but for his attitude.

Pakistan winning the World Cup.No Indian pacer becoming as good as even Kapil/Srinath in the future.

India not even making the Super 8 of World Cup.

Great Murali taking 1000 wickets in tests.

Tendulkar retiring from cricket soon.

Australia declining after the 2007 World Cup.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Another one:

Australia to retain the world cup & will drop one game which will be in the super-eight stage.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good Lord. I'm a human mock - 2.5 years ago I said McGrath would never play another test.

Here goes.

Australia to regain the Ashes - narrowly, say 2-1.

Doug Bollinger to play test cricket for Australia by the end of 2008.

Pietersen to head the England Ashes averages this year.

Warne to take 800 test wickets.

Murali to take 900.

Ponting to become leading test run scorer and century-maker.

Gillespie not to play another test.

Pakistan v England in WC final (paying 500/1 - get on, DK & Bacchus!!)

FRAZ

International Captain
RolledOver said:
Asif comming out as big dissapointment in world cup and comming series.

Murali getting 800 wkts, yet question marks remains as to whether he actually took any wkts. As if we hadn't had enough

ICC devided in two groups, biased and even more biased.

Afridi being appointed as curator of pitches in England, particularly when England take on Aus in England the next time around.

Tendulkar overcomming his choking problem and leading India to win a WC win.

Ganguly, who could have achieved so much but for his attitude.
Calm down !! Seen it all done it all . Ok Ok . We got your point ..