• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The mod team needs to be reviewed

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
As a well-respected senior member of CW, I am willing to oversee this review. If it pleases the forum, I will spend the next week scoping the terms of reference.

I trust James will provide me with full contact details for all moderators and members I deem it appropriate to approach in order to conduct this important review. I expect this evidence-gathering process will take six weeks then another six weeks to prepare the report. Like all bad news, I will look to bury my recommendations at the least opportune time, so expect it to be released around Christmas Eve.

Happy to take any questions and/or bribes via DM.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure there are a number of regular contributors who would make very good mods. In general they are those who have shown to be the voices of reason, those who avoid overly aggressive confrontation and who those who are well respected by their peers.
Should having a record (ie been banned) make members ineligible to serve as a mod? Or would that make them more aware of which posts are inappropriate and likely to cause offence?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have a line manager in work, and I am also a line manager of others

Burgey thoughts: oooh look at this libertarian who doesn't think you should just do whatever you want in the workplace and answer to no-one!!!!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sure there are a number of regular contributors who would make very good mods. In general they are those who have shown to be the voices of reason, those who avoid overly aggressive confrontation and who those who are well respected by their peers.
Thanks for the vote of confidence LaL!

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be more democratic. Basically run by dictators who rarely appear, and the cronies that do are just the Propaganda Ministers that are no different to Old Prospector Joe Goebbels.