• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The mod team needs to be reviewed

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spark was talking about controlling controllables in the Ashes thread

How can we take that seriously when the mod team couldn't even control one Nazi for 10 years?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Can we do something - ****ing anything - about the preponderance of inane threads (mainly just the name of a player in the title if you need me to point out the bleeding ****ing obvious).

No doubt some will say "just ignore it" but when these threads are taking up half the page of threads in a specific sub-forum, it's an assault on the eyes, the likes of which I haven't seen since Richard and Piper recorded their videos on a park bench.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Meanwhile the peaceful draft community continues to get screwed over and subdued. They won’t let us draft players anymore at this rate. Without us Cricket Chat would be just an empty hall with forlorn echos of past glories.
I'm just taking my revenge out on you all for the depressing amount of times someone incorrectly drafted Lillee when Hoggard was still available.

Starfighter

To take the OP seriously and non-sarcastically - and ignoring anything else that has already been said in this thread - the mod team really does need to be reviewed. To find when about half the team was regular visitors you have to dig up decade old threads. There's only two regulars in cricket chat (and it's debatable if PEWS actually does any modding). At least stripping the status from the fossils would be a good start.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To take the OP seriously and non-sarcastically - and ignoring anything else that has already been said in this thread - the mod team really does need to be reviewed. To find when about half the team was regular visitors you have to dig up decade old threads. There's only two regulars in cricket chat (and it's debatable if PEWS actually does any modding). At least stripping the status from the fossils would be a good start.
I contribute heavily in the mod forum whenever issues come up. I do the in-thread modding that I think is actually appropriate (which is just... less than most people would suggest, I think; I've always been pretty lenient).

I also spend at least 30 minutes a week editing GS Kohli thread titles.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I contribute heavily in the mod forum whenever issues come up. I do the in-thread modding that I think is actually appropriate (which is just... less than most people would suggest, I think; I've always been pretty lenient).

I also spend at least 30 minutes a week editing GS Kohli thread titles.
point 567 why GS Kohli should be binned off

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think just stopping him creating threads would be fine, but if that can be done and who has the power are evidently issues.
It can be. I like it. Factions on either side of me dislike it for opposite reasons (some want to get rid entirely, some don't want to create a two-tiered society).

Last edited:

Starfighter

It can be. I like it. Factions on either side of me dislike it for opposite reasons (some want to get rid entirely, some don't wait to create a two-tiered society).
I'd argue that stopping someone from creating threads is less two-tier than banning someone completely.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It can be. I like it. Factions on either side of me dislike it for opposite reasons (some want to get rid entirely, some don't wait to create a two-tiered society).
idk what people like about him spamming threads and posts with material from other cricket sites and making all of them an Indian comparison even when totally irrelevant especially when same people despise sites like cricinfo

best solution is to infarct the ones wanting him everytime he breaks a rule or acts like a weirdo so that they either force him to stop spamming or get around to seeing the light like the rest of us

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Step 1 - sack Fusion (and anyone else with mod powers that doesn’t post here)
Step 2 - Spark must resign
Step 3 - Teja, PEWS and Mags to reapply for their jobs with the first interview held with the Lord Protector and a panel of elite posters
Step 4 - Additional moderators to apply and go through the same interview process as per step 3, with the number of vacancies dependent on the outcomes of Step 3
Step 5 - Gnske to be appointed Chief of Staff, Office of the Lord Protector
Step 6 - Profit