• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the over-the-hill crowd has been raking in the moolah on liv grace, swartzel, stenson...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm looking for some feedback, I tried the MMT in my PXG 0211 and just a little to lose, and i see the TGI 80 has a torque rating of 2.0 and may be able to get them in a set of tour edge for a solid price.
Are you talking about graphite shafts in your irons? I don't fully understand what you said happened with the shaft in your driver either.

social

yeah the over-the-hill crowd has been raking in the moolah on liv grace, swartzel, stenson...
Their leaderboard was actually better than the PGA this week

Can definitely see a few more players defecting now that majors are over for the the year and DP Tour ban is being held up in courts

Might be temporary but can definitely see the temptation of playing for mega bucks in off season

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i was just talking about the winners there...but yeah liv is swimming in money, a lot of people will move over...i don't think the main tours have any option other than make a deal with liv...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cam smith and leishman to defect to liv at some point soon...smith is a big scoop for norman...

Son Of Coco

Smith is gone by all reports. I don't really get it. I mean, LIV might become a force and they may establish their own level of prestige, but anyone who plays or follows golf knows that the majors are where it's at. Maybe not for Smith, but I find that hard to believe. I assume he's banking on them being allowed back at some stage, but I don't know.

It can't just be the money. The bloke will make more than enough over the next 10-12 years you would think.

WICFan

U19 Captain
No surprise that quite a few of the Aussue golfers are joining given Greg Norman's role, if he hasn't already joined I would expect Adam Scott to follow shortly, maybe Jason Day too.

Ryder Cup next year, looking like a new era for the European side if the LIV guys remain ineligible.

Son Of Coco

No surprise that quite a few of the Aussue golfers are joining given Greg Norman's role, if he hasn't already joined I would expect Adam Scott to follow shortly, maybe Jason Day too.

Ryder Cup next year, looking like a new era for the European side if the LIV guys remain ineligible.
It can't be just because he is Australian though. He comes across as a complete flog these days (I was a big fan when he was younger). I mean, I know it's more than that. He was a hero to many up and coming golfers, and he may well have been very decent to those coming up behind him, I don't know. It seems like a bit of a gamble if you're genuinely interested in titles, but then maybe the gamble is they'll only miss out for a short period of time before being allowed to play them anyway, and in the meantime make a ****load of cash.

WICFan

U19 Captain
It can't be just because he is Australian though. He comes across as a complete flog these days (I was a big fan when he was younger). I mean, I know it's more than that. He was a hero to many up and coming golfers, and he may well have been very decent to those coming up behind him, I don't know. It seems like a bit of a gamble if you're genuinely interested in titles, but then maybe the gamble is they'll only miss out for a short period of time before being allowed to play them anyway, and in the meantime make a ****load of cash.
If they spend a couple of years on the LIV tour and then decide to return to the PGA Tour, would they get an exemption.

The Australian PGA has said they'd welcome any of the Aussie players back to 'The Australian Open and Australian PGA Championship' which might cause a few more headaches.

Maybe we could have a Ryder Cup style LIV XII v PGA XII. Bring some hostility back.

social

World of sports changed when big money came in

Smith will potentially earn $50 million plus from British Open win

LIV has allegedly offered him $100 million UP FRONT plus, at this stage, he’s still able to play in the majors as they’re not controlled by the PGA Tour

Unless things change, Smith could potentially earn $100million + from LIV PLUS play the Majors PLUS play other tournaments

Btw, PGA Tour hasn’t exactly been a friend to Australian golf recently as the expansion of the tour schedule has resulted in less top players coming here

grecian

Umm, I just won 335 quid, and I hardly even knew it was happening, having lots of accumulators going at once can be confusing, but that's quite nice. I thought I'd paired Zalatorias with Linn Grant, and Stark with Webb Simpson.

Screenshot (3).png

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got a corporate day I've been invited t out of the blue at Victoria GC the day after the Aus Open finishes. One of those things where they get the pros to play with the hacks like me. Haven't had a hit in 5 years or so and my clubs date back to 2009. What could go wrong - a sand belt course with tricked up greens and rough set up for professional tourney play. And me. Of course, I expect to dominate.

Want to buy a new set of clubs so I can have a couple of hits before the round in question. Anyone bought clubs recently and can recommend something for a high handicapper who's rusty AF?

Last edited:

social

Got a corporate day I've been invited t out of the blue at Victoria GC the day after the Aus Open finishes. One of those things where they get the pros to play with the hacks like me. Haven't had a hit in 5 years or so and my clubs date back to 2009. What could go wrong - a sand belt course with tricked up greens and rough set up for professional tourney play. And me. Of course, I expect to dominate.

Want to buy a new set of clubs so I can have a couple of hits before the round in question. Anyone bought clubs recently and can recommend something for a high handicapper who's rusty AF?
Save your money and invest in a box (or 2 :laugh: ) of balls

If your 2009 clubs are of reasonable standard then the tech will be fine and it’s the balls which make a real difference

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers, I dunno if there's enough golf balls in the world for me to be playing in this thing. I'll have to go and plays some practice rounds. Swear I'll have more hits than Elvis.

social

I have a set of Ping G5s which were released in 2005

In my misspent youth, I got down to a reasonable at a top course

Rarely play now but can hit the ball much further with modern balls than I used to

Last edited:

grecian

Lydia Ko is epic, shame she's not won more slams, incidently if she and Brian Harman win I'll have a Patent Treble come up, which would be nice.