• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW50 - No.50-41

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wouldn't have Andrew Flintoff any where near the top 100 cricketers of all time, let alone the top 50.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't have Andrew Flintoff any where near the top 100 cricketers of all time, let alone the top 50.
That's why it's CW's list and not Pratters's list.

Garner's the only one here I had, scraping in at 25th.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
That's why it's CW's list and not Pratters's list.
But the idea is to make it as true a list as possible. No one with sense can argue that Flintoff is among the top 100 cricketers of all time (as I said here, Flintoff cannot even be termed a great.)

I like the concept and I am looking forward to the rest of the list but it shouldn't stop me from pointing possible flaws. Maybe only include cricketers with at least 5 votes?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Well since the word "greatness" was left entirely open to interpretation, there's no such thing as a more or less "true" list.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
But the idea is to make it as true a list as possible. No one with sense can argue that Flintoff is among the top 100 cricketers of all time (as I said here, Flintoff cannot even be termed a great.)

I like the concept and I am looking forward to the rest of the list but it shouldn't stop me from pointing possible flaws.
Aussie writer Geoff Armstrong has published a pretty good book, the 100 Greatest Cricketers, which includes Flintoff. I wouldn't have him in there myself, tbh, but it's just about a respectable shout.

Uppercut

Shane Warne put him at number 16 out of every player he'd played with or against. That's ahead of Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh and Allan Donald.

Although he also put Steve Harmison in his list. But you still have to respect the opinion of someone who faced the guy at his best.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
40 people voted. So to be in the list you should get at least 10% of the votes or 4 votes. I think that's a fair criteria....

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
16th in a generation is hardly good enough to warrant a top 50 of all time.
Depends on the quality of the generation compared to others.
If the best 20 players ever, were all born in the same generation would you leave some out just because they were the 15th-20th of their generation? No.

Days of Grace

International Captain
But the idea is to make it as true a list as possible.
In your opinion.:dry:

Don't be such a sadbuzz. This is a great stuff.

I didn't vote for any of those guys, btw.

Just of note: Barry Richards retired at age 37 at 80 centuries. Would have been a chance to score 100 centuries if he hanged around for a few more seasons IMO.