• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The better batsman the bettter #3 Ponting vs Dravid

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If anything, the Ponting vs Dravid debate is now more interesting than ever before. It could go either way now. For years, Ponting was slightly but definitely ahead.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Personaly i think it's pointless to compare 2 of the best players in the world like this.

They are both great players,let's leave it at that. You could search forever through their stats but in the end they will tell you nothing.
Agree with you.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Not sure really I have to say its a bit too close to call without judging the attacks they faced and with what frequency.

They've both done pretty well in England where it swings but not always against the finest of attacks. Add into the equation the pitches.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not sure really I have to say its a bit too close to call without judging the attacks they faced and with what frequency.

They've both done pretty well in England where it swings but not always against the finest of attacks. Add into the equation the pitches.
Dravid's record in England is better than Ponting's by an enormous margain.

In fact Dravid's record is way better than any modern batsman not named Steven Waugh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it's more or less certain that Dravid faced better attacks, considering that Ponting hasn't had to face Australia.