• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match Records that will never be broken !!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can't some of you maths buffs use some theory and numbers to predict if there is a probability for another Bradmanish batsman to play cricket and beat his record? Things like this is all you are good at.:p

biased indian

International Coach
Can't some of you maths buffs use some theory and numbers to predict if there is a probability for another Bradmanish batsman to play cricket and beat his record? Things like this is all you are good at.:p
there is 99.94% chance of it not happening...but we still have 0.06 % chance of it happening with in next 100 years

kingkallis

International Coach
How about Boucher's test match dismissals? I guess its gonna be pretty difficult to break that record as well.

Boucher - 521 dismissals in 139 tests

Current Contenders :

Matt Prior ( age 29 ) - 121 dismissals in 40 games
[ Expect 10-12 games a year for next 6 years ] --> Chance : NIL

MS Dhoni ( age 30 ) - 173 dismissals in 54 games
[ Expect 8-10 games a year for next 7-8 years ] --> Chance : NIL

Kamran Akmal ( age 29 ) - 206 dismissals in 53 games ( It looks good despite those 7654 dropped catches )
[ Expect 3-4 games a year for next 2-3 years ] --> Chance : NIL

kingkallis

International Coach
King's record as an all-rounder. I doubt anyone will get any closer to it as well.

Tests : 145
Runs : 11947
Wickets : 270
Catches : 166

ODIs : 307
Runs : 11002
Wickets : 259
Catches : 116

Debris

International 12th Man
If you mean the point about there never being another "first" of anything then of course you're right. You have to admit that as points go it's pretty naff.
And the rest of the points in this thread are....

Maybe if the thread had been titled "Test records that will be really hard to break", there would have been more sanity.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
King's record as an all-rounder. I doubt anyone will get any closer to it as well.

Tests : 145
Runs : 11947
Wickets : 270
Catches : 166

ODIs : 307
Runs : 11002
Wickets : 259
Catches : 116
Never realised Collis King was that good.....

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This reminds me of the time I met Collis King after he'd played in a benefit match in Blackpool - he was a good bloke - one of his teammates, whose name I can no longer recall was the real talking point though - he'd have challenged that record for the most alcohol consumed in a flight from Australia to the UK - is it David Boon who holds it?

salman85

International Debutant
Best Comment :

Posted by gadar81 on (April 11 2011, 05:17 AM GMT)
What about the number of catches dropped by Kamran Akmal? That too is not likely to be broken at international level