• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match Records that will never be broken !!

Blaze 18

Banned
Every ****ing thread in CC turns into a dire bloody maths thread. Oooohhh how cool!! If I play with numbers as often as I play with my own balls, I can make anything happen.

****ing terrible. Just import the maths thread in here. I blame SS and his acolytes, who are mistakenly of the view maths is:

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

If Chris Martin made 1* every innings, how many would it take for his average to surpass Bradman's? [Answer below]

Who gives a flying ****?
:notworthy:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
****ing terrible. Just import the maths thread in here. I blame SS and his acolytes, who are mistakenly of the view maths is:
My acolytes would know better than to treat cricket innings as a statistically valid sample.

And yes, maths is indeed both interesting and cool. You heathen.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH, and with all due respect to Burgey and the grumpy old men union, I've found this all quite interesting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
TBH, and with all due respect to Burgey and the grumpy old men union, I've found this all quite interesting.
Sean's "if Bradman had got another 49 consecutive ducks he'd still average almost 60" revelation was pretty interesting, the rest was pretty meh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Every ****ing thread in CC turns into a dire bloody maths thread. Oooohhh how cool!! If I play with numbers as often as I play with my own balls, I can make anything happen.

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.
Yeah, I often think this way, too many people try and wade into stats to prove their point when there isn't even reason to do so. If you're attacting whatever qualifier to whatever in order to argue somethin, and then you miss something just as important out, might as well man up and admit the stats aren't your point.

Cricket, after all, is about more than numbers.

On the other hand, if you don't want to read a load of numbers perhaps a thread that is clearly all about that isn't for you. And maths is interesting and cool, so sod off.
If Chris Martin made 1* every innings, how many would it take for his average to surpass Bradman's? [Answer below]

4094, for the record.

(see how cool I am?)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If only there was a way to avoid reading threads that you disliked....
LOL, what a stupid argument. It's the way the threads descend that he's bemoaning. Is he supposed to know that from the title? 8-)

And FTR, just because a thread is about records doesn't mean it should descend into an x+y fest, IMO anyway.

Agree with Furball really (which i've been doing far too much lately).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love how the Indian fans get so wound up at the mere thought any batsman could score more test runs than Tendulkar. It may happen, might even be Cook, lets face it he could easily have 10,000 runs before he is 31 so will have plenty of years to chase down whatever tendulkar finishes with.
It's not a question of getting wound up.. I was merely extrapolating from his home record and the fact that opening the batting in England is a tough job.. much tougher than doing it in Australia or the subcontinent IMO. If Bell was to bat 4 in your lineup long-term (I know he has a poor record batting up the order) I reckon he could do it. As of now, I believe Smith and De Villiers have the best chance of doing it, of all the youngish batsmen. Sanga could have a shot at it as well.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL, what a stupid argument. It's the way the threads descend that he's bemoaning. Is he supposed to know that from the title? 8-)
Even so the course of action should be "Open thread -> Read thread -> Dislike thread -> Close thread -> Remember not to reopen thread"
Too often people would rather whinge and moan about what's being discussed rather than actually discuss the topic at hand or keep their mouths shut. Just because you don't like the particular direction a thread is heading down doesn't mean that you can just whine about it.
Not directed at anyone particular ftr.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's not a question of getting wound up.. I was merely extrapolating from his home record and the fact that opening the batting in England is a tough job.. much tougher than doing it in Australia or the subcontinent IMO. If Bell was to bat 4 in your lineup long-term (I know he has a poor record batting up the order) I reckon he could do it. As of now, I believe Smith and De Villiers have the best chance of doing it, of all the youngish batsmen. Sanga could have a shot at it as well.
Don't think Sanga will play enough Test cricket unfortunately. Think he'll be doing supremely well to hit 11k.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, It's depressing that the best batsman in the world gets to play about 6 games an year and barely any outside the SC.

Still kills all of them, to his credit.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think Sanga will play enough Test cricket unfortunately. Think he'll be doing supremely well to hit 11k.
Yeah, true. Not only is he already 33 but Sri Lanka seem restricted to 3-Test series right now.

ABDV has a good shout but apart from him there's very few currently playing with a decent chance of beating the record. Could stand for a very, very long time.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
There is something very nice about when someone rudely says 'you're wrong' and get owned. Well done Sean.

:laugh:
Was going to mention that but didn't want to be mean :p

Done in by a Technicality ,tbh.:dry::ph34r:

Still could have used the get out of the Language not being clear and too specific ,but thought better of it rather than engage in a pedantic debate.:)

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Love how the Indian fans get so wound up at the mere thought any batsman could score more test runs than Tendulkar. It may happen, might even be Cook, lets face it he could easily have 10,000 runs before he is 31 so will have plenty of years to chase down whatever tendulkar finishes with.
Who got wound up ?:mellow:

Actually there are a Aussie fans and English too ,who get wound up reading anything to do with Bradman,which is not showering praise on him.:ph34r:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Who got wound up ?:mellow:

Actually there are a Aussie fans and English too ,who get wound up reading anything to do with Bradman,which is not showering praise on him.:ph34r:
+1
Can't understand why certain people are so obsessed with Bradman, considering that he retired more than 60 years ago FFS.