• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar v Mangos

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Due to the recent flooding of Tendulkar threads throughout the world, I thought I'd create a venue for the discussion that has pondered the minds of millions, billions and dare I say, trillions, of people throughout the cricketing and fruit communities.

Tendulkar has established a flourishing career over the last twenty years, racking up the most runs in both Tests and ODIs, displaying a level of consistency and longevity that few has or can match. The allure of the little master has led to a level of popularity that can be only compared with Billy Lawry's obsession with anything Victorian or his blatantly biased commentary which can be only equaled by the cheerleading of Ian Healy.

Nevertheless, the mango, which can also be compared to the ancient wonders of Richards and Hobbs, rare hybrids of the mango, makes up for its lack of consistent taste and ability to stay ripe with its outstanding ability to prosper and grow in the harshest of all fruit growing conditions. The mango announced itself on the world market in great form, aided by its coach (Farmer) John, a vibrant young go-getter who was known for only conducting his farming in a hotel room, and was consistently able to dominate the fruit market to an unprecedented level of taste, and might I add, expense, which brought in the crowds, during it's three months of ripeness a year, owing to the long extended tours of the fruit market at the time, leaving the tourists with little time to adapt to the differing tastes of the locals on offer. There have been instances where the coaches have suffered from bouts of the runs before an orange has even been peeled.

Many supporters of the mango, mango fanciers, have pointed to the difficult conditions in which the mango has had to endure throughout its growing years, suggesting that the harsh growing conditions and the tendency of farmers to prepare fields conducive to banana growing, the Matthew Hayden hybrid, has led to the feats of the mangos becoming forgotten in a cricketing and fruit world which has become obsessed with the seedless watermelon, a quick and easy fruit fix.

Please, before voting your vote in the voting box, consider the conditions that existed during the heyday of the mango and the situation in which it was able to thrive, rather than solely focusing on an area which has given rise to the prominence of boring, soulless, apples and oranges, also refereed to as the flat track, first chance average and poor era of bowlers Hybrid, and other such ridiculous scientific titles.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
BTW, what's the format in question here? Because if it's Alphonso Mangoes vs Alphonso Tendulkar, the gap widens even more.

I wonder what Afridi thinks about this equation...
I danced with my studs right into the middle of that one. Here's an apple with seams as a reward.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, what's the format in question here? Because if it's Alphonso Mangoes vs Alphonso Tendulkar, the gap widens even more.
Viewers discretion. Some put more value into the long-lasting shelf life version of some mangos. Others prefer the glitz and the glamour of the Alphonso.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mangos struggle in England, don't like cold early summer test matches.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Viewers discretion. Some put more value into the long-lasting shelf life version of some mangos. Others prefer the glitz and the glamour of the Alphonso.
If so, then Turb's excellent post carries even more importance:

Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself. :p

This entire Regulars are meaningless, Alphonsos are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about Regulars" comment after the first harvest. And after this harvest, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even checked the farms had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true mango fan is one that just loves the taste and flavor. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
It is worth noting however, that for most of their careers, Mangoes showed quality production only in the flatbeds of India. It was only relatively recently, with the advent of global warming and hectic calendars, that they started to show some results abroad.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
All true. However, you've completed disregarded the achievements of mango fanciers in other parts of the fruit bearing world.

Sure the IFPL (Indian Fruit Premier League) may bring in the big fruit dollars but at what cost?! We've seen a substantial increase in the Matthew Hayden Hybrid in the last decade as the overall quality of the alphonso has been downplayed by the masses who normally seek the seedless fruit.

jeevan

International 12th Man
All this discussion is lacking is someone to definitively establish that kangaroos are, in fact, incredibly superior to either option.

My guess is that there will be 102 posts averaging 73 lines which, to rest of us simpletons, will boil down to: Kangaroos can leap over Tendulkar while devouring a box of mangoes and have also brought water to three WC winning teams.

Craig

World Traveller
All this discussion is lacking is someone to definitively establish that kangaroos are, in fact, incredibly superior to either option.

My guess is that there will be 102 posts averaging 73 lines which, to rest of us simpletons, will boil down to: Kangaroos can leap over Tendulkar while devouring a box of mangoes and have also brought water to three WC winning teams.
But what if Tendulkar has an AK-47?