• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar becomes ODI top scorer!!!

irfan

State Captain
Now, hang on a sec; this has nothing to do with what you or I think. We're wondering what Coventry would be thinking and both GF and I reckon the last thing he'd be thinking is what you reckon he would be (or should be) thinking.

I think.

:clap:

Turbs has just been usurped in the post of the year stakes. TC very cleverly puts Rich back in his place

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Now, many may cross 200 in ODIs. But Cricket GOD knew that His dearest son needed something that should never be taken away from him, and that's why the landmark "The first ever to score 200 in ODI " had been kept for him.
How many others came close to it in the 40 years of ODIs!! but it's the Son of (Cricket)God who deserved it and that's the poetic justice.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Now, many may cross 200 in ODIs. But Cricket GOD knew that His dearest son needed something that should never be taken away from him, and that's why the landmark "The first ever to score 200 in ODI " had been kept for him.
How many others came close to it in the 40 years of ODIs!! but it's the Son of (Cricket)God who deserved it and that's the poetic justice.
:laugh:

GGG

State Captain
I have seen a few people call him the greatest player today even on this forum. Lalit Modi said it on Twitter. It is stupid. People need perspective.
Yes they do, Tendulkar plays and scores runs vs all countries and all conditions... but no way can he be the best as he wasn't born 100 years ago.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hussain just said on Sky Sports News that he and Sachin basically played Bodyline type bowling, as that's what they faced in his era, with short pitched bowling aimed at the ribs, just with less fielders on the leg-side. He then used this to bring in a stat about Bradman "only" averaging "around 50" in the Bodyline series, which is very similar to Tendulkar's average. Very interesting points it has to be said, can't say I agree with him.

pasag

RTDAS
Hussain just said on Sky Sports News that he and Sachin basically played Bodyline type bowling, as that's what they faced in his era, with short pitched bowling aimed at the ribs, just with less fielders on the leg-side. He then used this to bring in a stat about Bradman "only" averaging "around 50" in the Bodyline series, which is very similar to Tendulkar's average. Very interesting points it has to be said, can't say I agree with him.
I don't mind the opinion as long as it has some sort of logic to back it up (although seems like Nasser is pulling a Roebuck - trying to become part of the big story) but that doesn't make a lot of sense unless you can show what Sachin averaged against intimidatory bowling specifically. Comparing one series of Bradman to Sachin's career average wouldn't make sense unless he faced bowling like that of Bodyline over the entire career, which he didn't.

jondavluc

State Regular
NASSER HUSSAIN: Mighty Sachin Tendulkar even tops Lara, Ponting and The Don! | Mail Online

NASSER HUSSAIN: Mighty Sachin Tendulkar even tops Lara, Ponting and The Don!
Gavaskar wants Sachin to hit 450 in Test and 250 in ODI

Sunny does too.

"He is the greatest batsman the game has ever seen. There is just no question about that. See his record! Who else has got 90-plus centuries, 17000-plus runs in ODIs and 13000-plus runs in Test cricket?" asked Gavaskar.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't mind the opinion as long as it has some sort of logic to back it up (although seems like Nasser is pulling a Roebuck - trying to become part of the big story) but that doesn't make a lot of sense unless you can show what Sachin averaged against intimidatory bowling specifically. Comparing one series of Bradman to Sachin's career average wouldn't make sense unless he faced bowling like that of Bodyline over the entire career, which he didn't.
Martin (fredfertang) has ripped criticisms of Bradman's batting during Bodyline to shreds more than once around here.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Gavaskar is right that Tendulkar's aggregates are unmatched but the less breathless among us also tend to have regard to a batsman's average. And tendulkar's Test average is a little over half that of Bradman. So claiming that Tendulkar is clearly the greatest of all time is just ridiculous. Mind you Sunny does have a habit of saying some silly things.

Flem274*

123/5
I imagine he'll be thoroughly relieved to be relieved of a record he knows full well he only acquired through impostership (though that impostership was entirely the fault of cricketing authorities, not Coventry himself).
Failing face. You are a noob sometimes my friend.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t seem to recall Sunny (or anyone else for that matter) claiming 10 years ago that Courtney Walsh was unquestionably the greatest bowler of all time, asking such questions as “who else has taken 500 Test wickets?”

The increased, frankly ridiculous hyperbole that is now in full flow is the regrettable downside to this wonderful achievement.

That being said, I couldn’t be happier for Sachin – an absolute ornament to the game of cricket. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't agree with the #2 case either, but you can make the argument for any player from #2-#10, and I don't care much where you rank guys from Hobbs, Sobers, Tendulkar, Chappell, etc. Up to you, go for it.

I do care if you want to ignore 99.97 based some some exaggerated fanboism.