• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Teenage openers!!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I think you guys are favourites at home.

But I think both teams have some relatively untested players in their sides. I think the series will be determined by who's young guns do the best.

Should be a cracker of a series and look forward to posting with you during it.

Cheers
Yeah cheers mate!!..i think it will be belter aswell, and whoever wins could end up above SL by the end of next year the way they are playing... :D .

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What sort of pitches do you reckon your guys will have lined up for the series? Hopefully not like that last series against England. (which was the last cricket I saw broadcast from the Caribbean)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What sort of pitches do you reckon your guys will have lined up for the series? Hopefully not like that last series against England. (which was the last cricket I saw broadcast from the Caribbean)
To be honest i don't even think our players know what pitches they will get!! :laugh: , in Guyana it will be spinning like mad, in Barbados it should be good for pace and in St Lucia it's usually decent for batting but the ball can bounce a bit, i'd imagine it will be a mixed bag really, i'd like to think the spinning tracks would be to our advantage though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bravo vs. Bracewell will be great viewing.

Rampaul vs Taylor too. NZ and WI are two pretty even teams, home team is likely to win, but I'll be going for the away side, so NZ.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bravo vs. Bracewell will be great viewing.

Rampaul vs Taylor too. NZ and WI are two pretty even teams, home team is likely to win, but I'll be going for the away side, so NZ.
How many tests is it Windie - better be 3 tests!

I actually think the Windies and NZ should play each other in 4 test match series since we are so close on the rankings.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's strange how we haven't played NZ since 2008 though, most of your team from then are still playing today while ours has completely changed, for the better i hope.
Can't agree with that.

2nd Test: New Zealand v West Indies at Napier, Dec 19-23, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Three members of NZ's XI for that match played our last Test in Hobart. To be fair, Vettori would have played if fit, so that makes four. Still a pretty different side.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If NZ were to play 2 spinners, I'd much rather Todd Astle be given a game than have to see Jeets bowl again...

Back on-topic, I'm not sure how much he opened (Cricinfo mentions him doing it for NSW, but batted middle order in tests), but Archie Jackson was an incredible teenage batsman.

Was taken far too young, some called him the second coming of Trumper, others thought he would have rivalled Bradman if his health hadn't deteriorated.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
How many tests is it Windie - better be 3 tests!

I actually think the Windies and NZ should play each other in 4 test match series since we are so close on the rankings.
I think it's three but i'm not sure as we only played two against Pak, if i had my way i'd make WI vs NZ a regular thing and try and get a little rivalry going!!.. :D , especially as NZ don't seem to play much test cricket these days.