• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taboo Draft

Valer

First Class Debutant
Using King Kallis's metric of top 5 batters / bowlers

Top 5 bat avg of avg 55.6
Top 5 Bowl avg of avg 20.1

Note in both cases the FC results are stronger before you complain about sample size.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Firstly Woodfull to captain... (Must have been asleep the first time)

My stats are actually accurate

Bat

Bowl

I've excluded tests played as I don't think its a good metric for my team due to the lack of test cricket played at the time many of them played -- Hence the usage of FC stats to alievate sample size concerns. As for career length I have a mean of 11.6 and a min of 7 (years).

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am too lazy for a writeup. But the balance and strength of my team should fetch me a few votes. I am pretty solid in almost all departments, but had to sacrifice the bowling part a little because of the nature of this draft (because I had to pick batsmen in early rounds).

The part of my team that I am most fond of (and can't stop mentioning it time and again) is the middle-order. Dravid, Lara, Harvey and Ranji make a divine combo.

Valer

First Class Debutant
My players played 800+ games....and the lowest is 42, by Dave Richardson, a fine fine keeper!
WG Grace for example only played 22 tests... Can you see why I find # of Tests a terrible representitive of longevity?

Fwiw my team played 416 tests and 3.4k FC matches. Given modern FC:Test ratios that's ~1k tests.

kingkallis

International Coach
Are you telling me that Hutton, Illingworth, Holding, Hadlee, Snow, Miandad, Gower didnt play enough FC games?

My players played 3960 FC games, sir!

Last edited:

Valer

First Class Debutant
Are you telling me that Hutton, Illingworth, Holding, Hadlee, Snow, Miandad, Gower didnt play enough FC games?

My players played 3960 FC games, sir!
No just # of games is not a good metric. I certainly didn't mean to imply that your team hasn't played enough FC cricket.

3423 (+116 if you've included the 12th man) --> 3960 isn't that much of diffrence... Over double the number of tests is.

Jager

International Debutant
So it's just Spikey's pick and then voting, right? Looking forward to finding a winner in this.