• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spineless pathetic bastards...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, the selectors probably knew more than we did, but our line of fast bowlers extends pretty far back and we had a few guys who on recent shield form could have been considered ahead of Johnson, of course our stance looks stupid now but many of us always said it is possible he could do this, it was hard to know. I think what got us nervous was that he was picked on the back of ODIs, his last two test matches were pretty poor and the shield games in the lead-up gave little indication of what was to come.
Yeah, you really didn't.

U19 12th Man
Biggest load of **** I've seen posted on here, and all in reply to me paying the bloke a compliment.

Mate you haven't got a clue son.
I'm calling it as it is.

It's not about what -your- thoughts are on Johnson. It was that you brought up the notion of winning the BA's respect which, if you're Johnson, probably isn't the first thing on your mind - they were filthy human beings towards him and are not worth his acknowledgement.

Last edited:

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Can't see Johnson slowing down anytime soon, England will do nothing from now, doesn't matter what they try Johnson will carry on steaming through them.

Im more intrigued what the fallout of this embarrassing mess is going to be after the tour is over, not sure we have seen the worst of it yet, im waiting for a 62 all out in Perth or something similar.

Was saying in the summer on here i would be happy to see Flower gone, might come across as ungrateful, its not but he has looked well past his sell by date for quite a while, the India away series masked it and papered over the cracks, it blatently needs freshening up if only to see this negative cricket mindset/approach long gone, the only problem is Giles, can't help but think he looks like and has loser written all over him, much like Tim Nielsen did.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not about what -your- thoughts are on Johnson. It was that you brought up the notion of winning the BA's respect which, if you're Johnson, probably isn't the first thing on your mind - they were filthy human beings towards him and are not worth his acknowledgement.
The first part there you may have a point on and I've no idea what MJ's opinion of the BA is now. He did publicly admit that the ribbing he received last time got to him but now that it is him doing the trolling (no bigger troll in the world than 7/40!!) he may well be enjoying the relationship a bit more. I can only speak for the people I was with on the hill during the Adelaide test and to a man they were totally impressed with how he has bounced back and turned it around. Not enjoying the ass whooping he is giving us but impressed with it all the same.

But to your second point......Filthy human beings??? Seriously mate??

You've been pretty forth coming with your views here and I'd really like to know what first hand experience you have had with a) The Barmy Army and b) what you know about the history between us and Mitchell Johnson............I strongly suspect that you're arguing from an ill informed position and if you are going to call me a filthy human being you had better have some very good reason for it.

Please take the time to respond to that last paragraph.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Based on shield form, Sayers absolutely would have been ahead of MJ. But shield form isn't why Lyon, Pattinson, Starc etc were picked.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there anyone here that can honestly say they wanted MJ playing this series?? I mean I know there were plenty that realised with the injury list he wouldn't be the worst option going around, but was he on anyone's first choice lineup??

uvelocity

International Coach
i was certainly resigned to the fact that we had no real other choice. defo had him in front of dougeh. although i could have just as easily been pig headed were i a selector, given i'd marked his card post aforementioned softcockery in response to the filthy humans

Burgey

The first part there you may have a point on and I've no idea what MJ's opinion of the BA is now. He did publicly admit that the ribbing he received last time got to him but now that it is him doing the trolling (no bigger troll in the world than 7/40!!) he may well be enjoying the relationship a bit more. I can only speak for the people I was with on the hill during the Adelaide test and to a man they were totally impressed with how he has bounced back and turned it around. Not enjoying the ass whooping he is giving us but impressed with it all the same.

But to your second point......Filthy human beings??? Seriously mate??

You've been pretty forth coming with your views here and I'd really like to know what first hand experience you have had with a) The Barmy Army and b) what you know about the history between us and Mitchell Johnson............I strongly suspect that you're arguing from an ill informed position and if you are going to call me a filthy human being you had better have some very good reason for it.

Please take the time to respond to that last paragraph.
I heard on the radio Johnson was giving them a bit of a good natured wave in Adelaide. Did you see that at all?

Burgey

As to Adders' question, no. If they were all fit I wouldn't have had him near the side, though once he was announced I did exclusively top him to win the MOTS. Still got a bit to do but well on the way.

Am expecting a big game from Harris this test. He's bowled well but been overshadowed. I don't think it sits well with him, and he also took six in the second dig at Perth last time against England.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Johnson's stint in IPL did him a world of good in terms of confidence. He was anointed as the leader of the bowling pack, asked to open the bowling, and given a free hand to do what he wanted. Also being able to express himself confidently in a tour with little significance and consequence other than instant entertainment and a grand financial package, helped him a great deal.

English guys could do well having a few let to play IPL for a whole season.