• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Speed Gun at training on Wednesday....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Too true. The older I get, the more ferocious were the bowlers I batted against when I was younger!!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
we had one at indoor and we had one at our home ground for a little while, indoor around the 130 but outdoor i was more closer to 135kmh so not bad. i did face a guy in indoor that was 145..was sharp...he is actually playing over in wa for wa danny mclaughlin , i used to play indoor with him for sutho and he played grade for wests, and sutho before moving over to wa to try and crack state which he has,

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
over about 15 balls i averaged 68mph, fastest of 73mph, i was very suprised as i consider myself to be of medium pace im 15, i am very accurate so was somewhat shocked and was quite impressed with 73 mph.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
There was one of those ECB/NatWest "Test your speed and win ODI tickets" inflatable net thingies in Southampton city centre last year at one point, and I had a go on it. You got three deliveries to hit the stumps, and if you hit the stumps you went into the prize draw for tickets.

Bowled my first two deliveries as off-breaks, and without having warmed up, was clocked at 35mph and 36mph respectively. The last one I bowled medium-pace, and was clocked at 42mph, IIRC. That one was the only one that hit the stumps, as well. :laugh:

Pretty confident my off-breaks could reach 40-42mph when I'm bowling well though, and my mediums, maybe 50mph at a stretch.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is funny, because I was measured just the other day with a speed gun and it came out around 68mph. However, I have some serious doubts on that.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
According to Ian Pont's book the average first XI club fast bowler bowls at 70-77mph

I was very surprised when reading this, I had doubts, I would have said more 65-70mph.. but he could well be right... :unsure:

bond21

Banned
no idea, the only way someone could approximately guess is someone whos seen a lot of bowlers being clocked and comparing you to their speeds.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
I don't know how fast I would bowl. I am guessing around between 70-110 kph mark. Does this sound right to you?
I don't really know... I'm more of an Mph man than a Kph one.. 90mph is like the holy grail of fast bowling 8-) 8-)

But as your 13 I would guess you bowl in the low 60's (mph).. But I may be wrong ??

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I don't really know... I'm more of an Mph man than a Kph one.. 90mph is like the holy grail of fast bowling 8-) 8-)

But as your 13 I would guess you bowl in the low 60's (mph).. But I may be wrong ??
I doubt that, it would have to be a pretty special 13yo to bowl over 60mph.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Back on topic, I'm hoping to get myself timed on Wednesday - reckon I'll top somewhere between 62-65mph.