• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So what does the future hold for West Indies?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You can't cherry-pick when you're throwing out accusations....

You cannot accuse roseboy of favouring Miller over Shilly on the basis of his being Jamaican without looking at how he argues about other players. If you're accusing roseboy of being biased about Miller because he's Jamaican, you have to look at if he takes that same approach with other players.

That's why I raised the case of Ryan Hinds. To me, roseboy has shown a level of objectivity by strongly arguing the case of Ryan in the past, and in my eyes, has earned the right to argue the case of Miller on the basis of that level of objectivity.

At least roseboy is forthright enough to say he's Jamaican.
:)
if you're going to throw around accusations of regional bias, at least tell us where you're coming from. To which Caribbean territory do you owe your roots?
He completely wrote off Shilly as if he was not even worthy competition for Miller which is what raised my suspicions, i don't know about you and his past conversations about Hinds all i can go on is what i've seen with my own eyes, as for your last comment, i done told you already Mike this is not a place for biographys!! :laugh: , i don't believe the "territory" stuff is important, you see the regional wars on CC and it's not healthy.

shivfan

Banned
Well, Windie, if you're not going to say where you come from, surely you should refrain from commenting about the origins of others....
:cool:
I share roseboy's concerns about Shilly's action. Hopefully, he'll get selected for the A team tour of England, and being subjected to the scrutiny of English umpires should address those issues.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Where did I write him off? Miller's done well enough internationally and dominated at domestic level. Shillingford has had one A team stint.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Kraigg Braithwaite scores a big hundred for West Indies A against Pakistan A at the age of 17 (almost 18). The guy is going to be a star, I have not even the slightest doubt in my mind.

If he can open with Barath in a year or two that will allow Gayle to move down to number 5 or so in the order where he would be absolutely unstoppabple against tired bowlers IMHO.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Kraigg Braithwaite scores a big hundred for West Indies A against Pakistan A at the age of 17 (almost 18). The guy is going to be a star, I have not even the slightest doubt in my mind.

If he can open with Barath in a year or two that will allow Gayle to move down to number 5 or so in the order where he would be absolutely unstoppabple against tired bowlers IMHO.
L WW has been talking him up for a while so it'd be awesome if he could continue that form in a FC level at least until his almost 20. Windies batting will look incredibly strong if that happens. Hopefully they don't rush him in too early though.

Windies will actually have some tough selection choices in the next two years then. And in a good way too, with a number of quality batsmen around the scene.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
It does augur well for the future, doesn't it? I'm sure Brathwaite will be opening the batting for Barbados in the upcoming domestic four-day season in January, so let's see how he does there....

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It does augur well for the future, doesn't it? I'm sure Brathwaite will be opening the batting for Barbados in the upcoming domestic four-day season in January, so let's see how he does there....
Yeah I haven't had the opportunity to see him play yet but all reports sound very positive regarding Brathwaite. Really needs to do well in FC domestic this upcoming season though.

But otherwise, the future seems to be looking brighter for the Windies than it has in years. They're no longer hoping that the one player emerges as the next BCL, but instead a number of younger guys are putting their hands up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
*throws spade to the side*

Just wondering what the upcoming fixtures are for the Windies? I just saw this article in a local paper, and was interested whether this would be clashing with any Windies fixtures, if maybe he was only coming over for a very short stay, or if he's been given a tap on the shoulder.

Ex-West Indies vice-captain to play with Doutta Stars - Cricket - Sport - Moonee Valley Leader
October - 2 Tests in Bangladesh
November/December - 3 Tests in India
March/April - 3 Tests at home v Australia

He isn't in the limited overs frame at all so I haven't bothered listing ODIs.