• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So what does the future hold for West Indies?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Against who? Zimbabwe? When he does that against quality international teams you have a point. As it stands now Miller and Benn have been doing well enough to be persisted with. Miller also has dominated at domestic level and the only spinners who should be given a shot next based on coming close to him are Khan and Odean Brown.

Learn the game please and thanks.
That's a flawed response i'm afraid!!, you imply that Zimbabwe are "rubbish" so who has Miller taken his wickets against then? :laugh: he's played ODI's against Australia twice and has barely got a wicket, he played in a test match against Bang and NEVER got a wicket, so i'd suggest you check your facts before telling someone to "learn the game", Shilly has got four 4fers in a row for the A-team in both the long and shorter forms of the game, the man is on fire but oh yeah i forgot "he's not Jamaican" so obviously he's no good!! 8-) .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bravo has to play IMO.
Totally agree, imo it's madness that people are even contemplating Bravo getting dropped, some of whom were defending Shiv to the hilt during his shocking form over the past year 8-) , Bravo is ranked as one of the best alrounders in the game and i think he'll improve, it wasn't long ago that he hit a ton in the tests against Australia so he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That's a flawed response i'm afraid!!, you imply that Zimbabwe are "rubbish" so who has Miller taken his wickets against then? :laugh: he's played ODI's against Australia twice and has barely got a wicket, he played in a test match against Bang and NEVER got a wicket, so i'd suggest you check your facts before telling someone to "learn the game", Shilly has got four 4fers in a row for the A-team in both the long and shorter forms of the game, the man is on fire but oh yeah i forgot "he's not Jamaican" so obviously he's no good!! 8-) .
Yeah because Benn and Khan are Jamaican as well and I never wanted Barath in there because he's young.

tooextracool

International Coach
Bravo is a victim of circumstance. He needs to be able to hold his place in the side as either a bat or a bowler which he cant at the moment. As long as WI have a wicket keeper who cannot average 40 odd with the bat, they need to be able to pick their 4 best bowlers. If Bravo is not amongst them, he shouldnt play.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well you're accusing me of preferring Miller because he's Jamaican so obviously I should hate cricketers from other islands right?
No i'm accusing you of being biased when it comes to Miller and Shillingford, no-one else, putting words in peoples mouths doesn't prove anything RB 8-) .

shivfan

Banned
These comments are unfair, because roseboy is a big supporter of Ryan Hinds, who happens to be Barbadian....

I have had arguments with him over Ryan in the past.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
These comments are unfair, because roseboy is a big supporter of Ryan Hinds, who happens to be Barbadian....

Was. I don't care if he gets selected now. Wasted his chances. Just wanted him to have a shot and he failed. Same with Devon Smith.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Nikita Miller

Shane Shillingford

Shillingford is so miles better and I'm using bias yeah.
IT'S ABOUT WHAT THEY DO IN THE WI SHIRT!!, something that you can't seem to comprehend RB 8-) , for WI Miller hasn't done anything special, for the A-team recently Shilly has got four 4fers IN A ROW, it's clear who the man in form is, like i said before with your logic you would have stayed with Monty instead of giving Swann a chance!!.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No i'm accusing you of being biased when it comes to Miller and Shillingford, no-one else, putting words in peoples mouths doesn't prove anything RB 8-) .
Stop accusing other posters of being biased. Particularly when those accusations are baseless and don't add anything to the thread except to cause bickering.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Like i said before Mike this is about MILLER and SHILLINGFORD!!, no-one else.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So i'm not allowed an opinion now? is that against the forum rules?!! :unsure: .
You're allowed an opinion, what's not acceptable is accusing other posters of being biased when they disagree with you.

It's not the first time you've accused posters of having a pro-Jamaican bias when they've disagreed with you. Cut it out.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You're allowed an opinion, what's not acceptable is accusing other posters of being biased when they disagree with you.

It's not the first time you've accused posters of having a pro-Jamaican bias when they've disagreed with you. Cut it out.
Saying he prefers Miller because he's a fellow countyman is just part of my reasoning, i've also talked about the two players (Miller and Shillingford) form for WI, so i don't see what i've done wrong tbh, as i said if it's against forum rules then fair enough but i'm lead to believe it isn't.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Saying he prefers Miller because he's a fellow countyman is just part of my reasoning, i've also talked about the two players (Miller and Shillingford) form for WI, so i don't see what i've done wrong tbh, as i said if it's against forum rules then fair enough but i'm lead to believe it isn't.
Last attempt. Stop accusing posters who disagree with your opinion of being biased.

By all means you can disagree with posters, however it does nothing for forum atmosphere when you start dragging down a debate when you accuse others of bias because they disagree with you - and affecting forum atmosphere is quite clearly against the rules.

That's my last word on the subject.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Last attempt. Stop accusing posters who disagree with your opinion of being biased.

By all means you can disagree with posters, however it does nothing for forum atmosphere when you start dragging down a debate when you accuse others of bias because they disagree with you - and affecting forum atmosphere is quite clearly against the rules.

That's my last word on the subject.
There's other Jamaican's on this forum and i'm not accusing them of anything so it's not a big issue imo, the people involved are hardly crying their eyes out so i'm not sure this debate has "brought the forum atmosphere down" either, i take on board what you've said but needless to say i still disagree.

shivfan

Banned
Like i said before Mike this is about MILLER and SHILLINGFORD!!, no-one else.
You can't cherry-pick when you're throwing out accusations....

You cannot accuse roseboy of favouring Miller over Shilly on the basis of his being Jamaican without looking at how he argues about other players. If you're accusing roseboy of being biased about Miller because he's Jamaican, you have to look at if he takes that same approach with other players.

That's why I raised the case of Ryan Hinds. To me, roseboy has shown a level of objectivity by strongly arguing the case of Ryan in the past, and in my eyes, has earned the right to argue the case of Miller on the basis of that level of objectivity.

At least roseboy is forthright enough to say he's Jamaican.
:)
if you're going to throw around accusations of regional bias, at least tell us where you're coming from. To which Caribbean territory do you owe your roots?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
IMHO Shillingford has more charateristics that could make him successful at the top level (he turns the ball far more than any other finger spinner in the Caribbean) and gets good bounce with it.

Miller is incredibly accurate and turns the ball a little bit. That is enough to take heaps of ridiculously cheap wickets in our 4 day competition (just like Jaggernauth recently, Imran Khan etc) but is it enough to be a force at the highest level?

I like Miller and rate him more highly than Benn. If it was up to me Miller would be the first choice left arm spinner and Shillingford the first choice offie.