• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So the ICC evidence is finally in - and apparently even Glen McGrath chucks...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
HB, the ICC make sure that the bowler bowls at the same speed and imparts the same amount of revolutions on the ball in the lab as he does in match conditions. They do this by comparing using the latest technology and video footage from matches.

So if Murali was legal in lab conditions, he was most certainly legal in matches. This might not be 100% accurate, but there is no better method available at the moment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB, the ICC make sure that the bowler bowls at the same speed and imparts the same amount of revolutions on the ball in the lab as he does in match conditions. They do this by comparing using the latest technology and video footage from matches.

So if Murali was legal in lab conditions, he was most certainly legal in matches. This might not be 100% accurate, but there is no better method available at the moment.
lol.. you are preaching to the choir mate. That is the exact point I made. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

So using the latest technology that's only just come in, how exactly do they use this to clear people previously tested?!

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I just gave an example but I meant the latest tech available to them at the time.

Would it make you feel better if Ajmal was tested annually?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You just have a hard time believing that everyone chucks, don't you?
If you mean I don't automatically believe it because it suits my line of argument, then yes. Everyone wasn't tested for a start. There are a large number of players who weren't playing in that tournament that haven't been tested.

And the testing process was immediately shelved after that tournament.

Fusion

Global Moderator
So due to Pakistan's victory over England, I've been having a "cricket 101" conversation with an American friend of mine via email. The subject of chucking came up and I'm having a hard time explaining the rule to him. Does anyone have a helpful link to a site that I can use? Particularly one that perhaps demonstrates a chuck via graphics/pics?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If you mean I don't automatically believe it because it suits my line of argument, then yes. Everyone wasn't tested for a start. There are a large number of players who weren't playing in that tournament that haven't been tested.

And the testing process was immediately shelved after that tournament.
I am not saying it is a fact but it is a reasonable assumption that if almost every bowler tested during that CT was flexing their elbows, chances are, almost every bowler who is around today is doing the same. Add to it the biomechanists explaining how it is impossible to hurl the cricket ball down off a bowling action windup without flexing the elbow, I feel the argument is conclusive enough.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

And add the fact that bowlers with supposedly clean actions are also exceeding the limit, but never caught because their actions are not dodgy in the eyes of few frail old men.