• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shopping for a new coach after the World Cup

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
Your REAL strike bowler, with REAL talent, is in dreadful form, and nobody's doing anything to help, not even the BCCI.
You seem to be referring to Pathan. What kind of help were you expecting from the BCCI? Unless you're referring to JP Yadav. :ph34r:
Arjun said:
Frankly, if you think Chappell should be given marching orders, one may ask why Vengsarkar should stay or why the team doesn't need a bowling consultant or (more so) fielding coach.
Can we really be sure who has been the reason for India's success and failure. Is it the captain, the coach, the players, the selectors or someone else? Quite hard to tell, so you have to maintain a winning combination and alter a losing combination. So far, this is a winning combination in tests and still up in the air in ODIs. People should stop bashing Vengsarkar because he hasn't made a bad move yet. He actually seems to care about how the team does and he makes genuine comments unlike Kiran More, who ****talked his way around to cover up for a stupid selection committee.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Your REAL strike bowler, with REAL talent, is in dreadful form, and nobody's doing anything to help, not even the BCCI.
I don't really understand this point. By all accounts, Chappell had been working with him day and night and had him talk to everyone from Jeff Thompson to Waqar Younis. In fact, in my opinion, Chappell stuck with him way too long. Its quite possible that he has lost and and its PATHAN himself who needs to work on getting it back.

Or maybe Lalit Modi can take a flight to SA and give some personal lessons in the art of swing bowling?

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Because, generally, I don't make personal attacks on people. Except Liam...

99.99% of posts on this forum are not personal attacks. Ever read Harry Potter 4? Mad-Eye Moody seeing Dark Wizards everywhere...
But Mad-Eye is ooold, Dravid isn't..the only oldie here is you, Neil...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Looking at comments about the choice of coach for India, I'd say Greg's doing a decent job. He's done a very good job in the Test matches the Indians have played. Not too long ago, they were the toast of the nation in ODI's before they ended up being toast. You can't blame the coach when:
  • Your choice of ODI strike seamer is a mediocre, pie-throwing dwarf and far removed from the McGraths and Donalds who actually win tournaments.
  • The Chairman of Selectors has a very regressive attitude and is fighting a proxy war with the coach.
  • Your 'best' and 'most experienced' players never serve a purpose.[*]The fielding in ODI's is declining, and the BCCI is doing nothing to stop that.[*]Your REAL strike bowler, with REAL talent, is in dreadful form, and nobody's doing anything to help, not even the BCCI.
  • The regressive team management are reversing good ideas because of a few recent failures, with laughable alternatives, probably working against the coach.
Frankly, if you think Chappell should be given marching orders, one may ask why Vengsarkar should stay or why the team doesn't need a bowling consultant or (more so) fielding coach.
Isn't the coach paid to improve/maintain the fielding standards and also help the players.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Isn't the coach paid to improve/maintain the fielding standards and also help the players.....
These are professional athletes. I think a fielding coach is great but can the coach really force the fat asses to lose weight and Munaf to get in shape?

In the NFL, they can, cause they can just cut you from the team. In international cricket, the players are Lords.

shankar

International Debutant
The Vengsarkar-led selectors made calls for a bowling coach, but BCCI just seemed to ignore the suggestion. Reid would be a great option so let's see what happens.
Hasn't Chappell been against the appointment of a bowling coach?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I understand you are member of a forum, and have the right to disagree. But you are clearly pointing at my knowledge of the game and attacking me. And I see no other intention in that post apart from making fun of my knowledge of the game.

You could disagree, but do you have to indirectly call me an idiot?
What a thread! Combination of interesting and trainwreck

TBF, Neil did come across like he was in a bad mood, especially if you miss the intentional humour in his first post.

However, if someone is in charge of giving out CW awards for most knowledgable poster (ie the Boycott) they should be prepared to have their own knowledge scrupolously analysed.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What a thread! Combination of interesting and trainwreck

TBF, Neil did come across like he was in a bad mood, especially if you miss the intentional humour in his first post.

However, if someone is in charge of giving out CW awards for most knowledgable poster (ie the Boycott) they should be prepared to have their own knowledge scrupolously analysed.
Careful. That sounds like a personal attack.