• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shopping for a new coach after the World Cup

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You were explaining me the rules of internet forums. You should know that emotions cannot be expressed through internet forums and words can be taken in any manner without the use of smilies. How am I supposed to know if a bunch of words are supposed to be a personal attack or not.
Because, generally, I don't make personal attacks on people. Except Liam...

99.99% of posts on this forum are not personal attacks. Ever read Harry Potter 4? Mad-Eye Moody seeing Dark Wizards everywhere...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
16...are you going to call me an idiot too because I took a bunch words on the internet as a personal attack?
Don't start accusing me of things, there's no need to get so defensive, I was just asking not accusing you of anything.

Dravid

International Captain
Because, generally, I don't make personal attacks on people. Except Liam...

99.99% of posts on this forum are not personal attacks. Ever read Harry Potter 4? Mad-Eye Moody seeing Dark Wizards everywhere...
I've never had an argument with you before. Sure you have 18,000 posts, but I never knew you personally as a poster. How am I to know you don't make personal attacks.

I'll admit I made a mistake saying it was a personal attack, but you have to look at it from my eyes too. I didn't know you always joked around, and the use of no smilies led me to believe it was a personal attack.

Anyways, I'll call this off. My mistake, I'm sorry, but next time please use smilies in those kind of posts.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I've never had an argument with you before. Sure you have 18,000 posts, but I never knew you personally as a poster. How am I to know you don't make personal attacks.

I'll admit I made a mistake saying it was a personal attack, but you have to look at it from my eyes too. I didn't know you always joked around, and the use of no smilies led me to believe it was a personal attack.

Anyways, I'll call this off. My mistake, I'm sorry, but next time please use smilies in those kind of posts.
Then why did you accuse PhoenixFire of the same?

Dravid

International Captain
Then why did you accuse PhoenixFire of the same?
Because of the wording of the posts and the timing. "Dravid, Seriously, How old are you". I have a hard time getting emotions out of words, and I haven't had much arguments with PF either.

But like I said I'm sorry and I'll admit it's my mistake.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Because of the wording of the posts and the timing. "Dravid, Seriously, How old are you". I have a hard time getting emotions out of words, and I haven't had much arguments with PF either.

But like I said I'm sorry and I'll admit it's my mistake.
I used the word seriously, as not to make it sound as though I was attacking you, that's all.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Good old Turd, saving the day again :laugh:
Can we cancel the Turd thing, you can call me Turbo if you... :unsure:

Or else... I am gonna have to resort to using a nickname I made for you :p . *this is a warning*

EDIT: Wait let me add a smilie in there or else...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Can we cancel the Turd thing, you can call me Turbo if you... :unsure:

Or else... I am gonna have to resort to using a nickname I made for you :p . *this is a warning*

EDIT: Wait let me add a smilie in there or else...
I like Turd :(

Whats the one you got me?

Dravid

International Captain
Damn I can't believe I was up till 3 am posting in this thread. I'm off now. Be back in 4 hrs to watch Iverson drop 50 on Sixers.

BTW Pratyush get some sleep. I see you reading this thread.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL @ you.

India:

Ind in SA: W or D (most likely)
Ind in WI: W
Eng in Ind: D
Ind in PAK: L (basically best of one due to the pitches)
SL in Ind: W

Oh yea, horrible horrible record, no?
SS, India have been largely dreadful this year

WI are comfortably the worst of the major playing nations and an away victory over them only garnered headlines because India's record is so appalling in this area

Eng had half a team

1 win in SA (against a team whose players had not taken the field in months - only 3 players had played a fc match since August) has been counter-balanced by a gutless capitulation in the second

India's fielding is appalling with any no. of players below international standard

ODI side is a joke

Chappell will be extremely fortunate to survive as coach should India, as expected, fail at WC