• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shopping for a new coach after the World Cup

Dravid

International Captain
Are your definitions of "great" and "ruined" as accurate as your definitions of "inswinger" and "off spin"?
What? That's one of the most poorly constructed arguments of all time, ever, period. Inswing or off-spin bowling from over the wicket will hit a batsman outside the line and be going on to hit far more often than the same type of bowling if it hits in line, as it will be going down leg.

All I see is you pointing out my mistakes and an indirect attempt to call me stupid.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, I would suggest to you that if the team is consistently performing below standards in ODI's, then there is a deeper issue at work that needs to be fixed. You lose enough time in ODI's, and it will mess with a team's confidence. Most of that same team will also be playing Test cricket. Better to carry over positive vibes rather than negative, don't you agree?
I agree with everything.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, this thread is going no where. Very amatuer debating from three very reputed, senior members of Cricketweb, what example are you setting for the more younger, inexperienced, and beautiful members like me.

Very disappointing.

Dravid

International Captain
No, India winning on a very non-Subcontinental pitch in the 1st test match was the best for me.

Who said he shouldn't? But irrespective of his successes in doing that (and it is also something we haven't done for decades), winning historic series more than makes up for it.
So your saying is just don't care about ODIs and lose everyone and just concentrate on winning tests?

Dravid

International Captain
Well then your interpretation of the English language leaves plenty to be desired.
Maybe you shouldn't post something that someone could take the wrong way? Maybe instead of telling me to make better posts you should think before you make a post and see if they will take it the right way or not?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
In conclusion to this debate, Chappell has done a great job IMHO so far, but if he doesn't get the job done during the WC and we suffer a humiliating defeat against other teams, I suggest we TRY looking for a new coach.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
As it stands right now with India/Chappell, I agree with you. He has done a great enough job in Test cricket to have job security. He should even be applauded for the job he's done, IMO. However, let's just say for the sake of the argument that he turns India into England when it comes to ODI's, but continues to do well in Test. Well then I don't know how supportive I would be of him. I don't know if I would fire him, but if the ODI's performance stays crappy for a long time, I will begin to question him. His job is to make India better at CRICKET, not just TEST cricket. So if I was the boss, he would get a LOT of leeway with me for doing well in Tests, but that doesn't mean he's not accountable for ODI's. Have to take the Aussie approach and not show weakness in any form of the game. Also, I would suggest to you that if the team is consistently performing below standards in ODI's, then there is a deeper issue at work that needs to be fixed. You lose enough time in ODI's, and it will mess with a team's confidence. Most of that same team will also be playing Test cricket. Better to carry over positive vibes rather than negative, don't you agree?
Wow, very well said. Agree, pretty much.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As it stands right now with India/Chappell, I agree with you. He has done a great enough job in Test cricket to have job security. He should even be applauded for the job he's done, IMO. However, let's just say for the sake of the argument that he turns India into England when it comes to ODI's, but continues to do well in Test. Well then I don't know how supportive I would be of him. I don't know if I would fire him, but if the ODI's performance stays crappy for a long time, I will begin to question him. His job is to make India better at CRICKET, not just TEST cricket. So if I was the boss, he would get a LOT of leeway with me for doing well in Tests, but that doesn't mean he's not accountable for ODI's. Have to take the Aussie approach and not show weakness in any form of the game. Also, I would suggest to you that if the team is consistently performing below standards in ODI's, then there is a deeper issue at work that needs to be fixed. You lose enough time in ODI's, and it will mess with a team's confidence. Most of that same team will also be playing Test cricket. Better to carry over positive vibes rather than negative, don't you agree?

But then remember that England just got drubbed. If they had retained the Ashes and won vs SL, how many would be clamoring for his departure? Would you? I sure wouldn't.

Dravid

International Captain
This reminds of when mohammad16 accused me of using words that were too big for him to understand. I'm not going to make my writing child-friendly because people cannot read English.

This internet forum is an English forum. COPPA Internet rules state that you must not be under 13 to sign up for an Internet forum. Standard reading age tests in both the USA and UK level out at 12. This forum is not aimed at children, it is aimed at intelligent adults and as such the majority of posts reflect that.

Do not blame others for your own shortcomings.
Or maybe you should use smilies next time to show emotions as anyone could take it as anything on the internet.. I learned to use smilies from now on, maybe you should too.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
This reminds of when mohammad16 accused me of using words that were too big for him to understand. I'm not going to make my writing child-friendly because people cannot read English.

This internet forum is an English forum. COPPA Internet rules state that you must not be under 13 to sign up for an Internet forum. Standard reading age tests in both the USA and UK level out at 12. This forum is not aimed at children, it is aimed at intelligent adults and as such the majority of posts reflect that.

:laugh: I wanna' nominate this for Skull.

Fusion

Global Moderator

Harsh IMO. This argument between the two of you leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I would very humbly suggest you both move on as nothing further can be gained from this.

Fusion

Global Moderator
But then remember that England just got drubbed. If they had retained the Ashes and won vs SL, how many would be clamoring for his departure? Would you? I sure wouldn't.
If they won the Ashes, but lost to SL, of course I wouldn't want him fired as an English fan. I said that I would give a coach A LOT of leeway for performing well in Tests and being bad in ODI's. However, I would not stand for being crap indefinitely in either form of the game.

Dravid

International Captain

And again, your indirectly calling me an idiot for not understanding the emotion of posts from words.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And again, your indirectly calling me an idiot for not understanding the emotion of posts from words.
If you are that desperate to think like that, it's fine by me. I don't care any more.

A message to everyone - if you took everything less personally, chilled out a bit more and just put the victim mentality in a box once in a while, the world would be a better place.

Dravid

International Captain
If you are that desperate to think like that, it's fine by me. I don't care any more.

A message to everyone - if you took everything less personally, chilled out a bit more and just put the victim mentality in a box once in a while, the world would be a better place.
You were explaining me the rules of internet forums. You should know that emotions cannot be expressed through internet forums and words can be taken in any manner without the use of smilies. How am I supposed to know if a bunch of words are supposed to be a personal attack or not.