• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everybody did their bit today, some more than others but everyone played a part. Real team effort :)

grecian

Sidearse for me, bowled really hostiley, swing ad bounce set the pace, and Broad as our MOTS, our bowling won this for us despite what Athers is saying now.

Batting has been massively improved though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
After the Ireland game, I remember saying to a mate that Aus, SA et al would be shaking in their boots at the thought of facing us in the Super 8s. We both laughed. Truth is, we've absolutely coasted every game since then, which is not at all what I expected. What a job Flower is doing with this side.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If i was a neutral i'd have said that was a crap game as it was so onesided.Being English though i bloody loved it that the convicts were thrashed so easily.:laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
KP Man of the Tournament. Brilliant stuff. Couldn't be happier for the guy. Struggled in the last 18 months, but has come good when it really counts. KP's going to have a brilliant next year, can see it already. Hopefully he gets MOTS in the Ashes too. <3 the guy.

Nice to see Kieswetter get MOTM too. Completely agree with the 2 awards.

pskov

International 12th Man
Not sure what is giving me more pleasure, England winning the tournament or Social throwing his toys out of the pram. :laugh:

Pothas

Brilliant England.

Not quite sure when and how we became good at this but I am certainly not complaining.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BTW thanks to nearly all the Aussies for being so graceful, you're a decent bunch really :)

So happy. God if I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd annhilate myself

BoyBrumby

Englishman
After the Ireland game, I remember saying to a mate that Aus, SA et al would be shaking in their boots at the thought of facing us in the Super 8s. We both laughed. Truth is, we've absolutely coasted every game since then, which is not at all what I expected. What a job Flower is doing with this side.
Yeah, think he has to take a huge amount of credit. I remember, not 12 months ago, standing in a pub in Cambridge watching in only mild disbelief as Broad's overthrow gifted The Netherlands a win. To get from there to here is, well, Boys' Own doesn't cover it.

Flower's taken a punt on a few players (noteably the openers, Yardy & the seemingly washed-up Sidebottom) and has had his hunches rewarded.

Stunned, tbh.

Last edited: