• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously Afridi, Ajmal and Gul were the stars, but I reckon Akmal's start with the bat got Pakistan going. He didn't kick on which was disappointing, but some of the shots he was playing was superb.

Younus Kahn may have made a mistake bowling Alam, but sending in Afridi at 3 - ballsy... and match-winning.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I never said T20 is comparable to Test Cricket. But when you dont take T20 or ODI's seriosly and harp on about ashes even during the middle of an important series you lose and keep on losing. The sad part is once the ashes is lost you don't concentrate even on the next Test series but talk about the next Ashes. Now that is as pathetic as it can get.
Any how bring on the Ashes and let's see what happens there.
So, are we talking about the Ashes, or aren't we? You might want to make up your mind.

I think you're blowing my comments about the T20 final not being the pinnacle of a player's career out of proportion. If you want to make a big deal of it, fine, we'll have a good argument about it. If you'd rather celebrate Pakistan's win, well that's fine by me. I'm chuffed that they've won and I'll be rooting for them in the final.

R_D

International Debutant
I am happy. :)

there were a lot of silly mistakes made by the pakistanis in the field, and younis khan must be twatted around for not getting four overs out of his best bowler...but at the end of the day, they were better than south africa. :)

i have to say, the death bowling was superb from both sides. parnall, gul and steyn are going to be huge stars.
Yeah.. lucky that.
Wonder what happened.. miss calculation on his part.
On another day.. could've been a costly mistake.
Would love to see Pak Vs Sri Lanka final.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously Afridi, Ajmal and Gul were the stars, but I reckon Akmal's start with the bat got Pakistan going. He didn't kick on which was disappointing, but some of the shots he was playing was superb.

Younus Kahn may have made a mistake bowling Alam, but sending in Afridi at 3 - ballsy... and match-winning.
Telling that (if I understood his interview correctly) he asked the coach and captain to put him at no. 3. Commendable that he backs his own ability even when he's been in pretty ordinary form with the bat (either that or he's just selfish, ha).

Xuhaib

International Coach
I was wondering SA would be the last team that you would expect to get manhandled by Afridi he was jut superb today.

gvenkat

State Captain
So, are we talking about the Ashes, or aren't we? You might want to make up your mind.

I think you're blowing my comments about the T20 final not being the pinnacle of a player's career out of proportion. If you want to make a big deal of it, fine, we'll have a good argument about it. If you'd rather celebrate Pakistan's win, well that's fine by me. I'm chuffed that they've won and I'll be rooting for them in the final.
Mate, I didnt make a big deal abt ur comment on the T20 final. What threw me off was your disrespect for all forms of cricket except Ashes when u said you were ok for your team to lose all ODI tourneys if they can win the Ashes. Anyway peace. :)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Finally i did my dinner at 2:15 am lol, it's just Awsome, after 3 days of intense tensions finally got something to cheer about :)
c'mon do it this time :)
by the way, one thing Pakistan has done is that you need to beat the best to win a tournament, & we've done it, if we don't win the final, it'll be not that bad for me

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
One thing, Younis khan did do, that he didn't thank England, it was like a home crowd (i know they were mostly x pakistani's, but yet they're now british) so i'm thankful of that great nation to support us

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
6:26 am, have work at 9am.

Does one sleep for 90 mins, or go the whole way?
man u 've 90 mints left in your job, i missed a job opportunity :D, wasn't getting for a couple of years now, tomorrow morning i have an interview but i'm not going, cuz wont be able to reach :D

godofcricket

State 12th Man
AMAZING win by pakistan. What a stunning performance from afridi, is he stays in form we have a great chance of winning the cup. The margin of victory could have been much wider had younis not bowled fawad, it was a bad decision given the match situation and also why younis wouldnt complete guls 4 overs also goes down as bad captaincy, had he bowled his complete overs south africa would have been no where near the target. But a good match in the end.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Afridi haters, where art thou? :p
Lurking. :ph34r:

Great win for Pakistan. I watched the score from the cell phone as I couldn't be home to watch it. Sounds like there was brilliant bowling all around so feel cheated I missed it. Chokers or not, South Africa had a great tournament and I almost feel sorry for them that they're out after losing their first match, almost. Well played by the boys but it is a bit shocking that Younus failed to give Gul his full quota of overs. Honestly, are you ****ing stupid? The best bowler in the tournament against the best team in the tournament. He's lucky we won despite that.

Never thought we'd make it past the semis and am elated that we've beaten South Africa of all teams to get to the final. Hopefully us Pakistan fans have reason to cheer on Sunday.

P.S: This is the first time we've ever beaten South Africa in a world cup.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well played Pakistan. missed this tonight for various reasons, quite the turnaround. Someone mentioned the 92 WC after we annhilated you in your first game, well...