• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's like rain in Manchester. If it's a semi South Africa are choking or about to choke.

Fair play to Pakistan tho. Richly deserved.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Very well Played Pakistan. Afridi MoM, What a big time play 2/16 in 4 overs and 51 in 34. wow !!!

gvenkat

State Captain
Fair call, that!

But no, let's not pretend T20 is of comparable importance to Test cricket. I'd be happy if my team flopped in every limited overs tournament provided we won the big Test series (especially the Ashes).
This attitude is what gets your team no where.. The reason why England suck at everything is becuase of this attitude. Enuff said..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Superb victory. Hope they go onto win the WC. Would be superb for them after all that has happened over the past few months.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
South Africa didn't choke
it was good performance from Pakistan, wow what a celebration here, oh wait a sec, it's not a final lol

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not a choke as such, but 7 runs short with 5 wickets left chasing 150 suggests one or two of them could have taken a few more chances. Well done Pakistan though.

EDIT
Sounds like Smith felt the same - "We had Albie padded up from the 11th over but if we don't lose wicket, he can't come back." Not quite a glowing endorsement of Kallis & Duminy's efforts.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This attitude is what gets you team no where.. and at the same time lose the ashes too...
It's just a question of priorities. If you think T20 is a comparable game to Test cricket, that's your loss son. As Tendulkar said the other day, T20 is like dessert. Yes dessert is nice, but you need to main course. You can't just eat dessert. And Test cricket is the main course.

Anyhow as I say, congratulations to Pakistan on a great result. Good luck in the final.

R_D

International Debutant
Brilliant from Pakistan, totally deserved. I don't think that was even a choke, it was just excellent play from Pakistan.
I don't know... Chasing 150 when you have been by far the most brilliant side in the whole tournament.

I'd call that a choke.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done Pakistan!

Afridi was superb, and Gul's last 2 overs was ridiculously good death bowling.

Beleg

International Regular
I am happy. :)

there were a lot of silly mistakes made by the pakistanis in the field, and younis khan must be twatted around for not getting four overs out of his best bowler...but at the end of the day, they were better than south africa. :)

i have to say, the death bowling was superb from both sides. parnall, gul and steyn are going to be huge stars.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
You're not going to get to see many more dominant teams than South Africa in this World T20 get outplayed as they did today. Pakistan were superb in the field and overcame South Africa who played very well too. That was high quality cricket, epitomised by that superb spell of death bowling by Umar Gul.

Dissector

International Debutant
South Africa seemed to have no plan whatsoever to play the spinners. Even though they had lost 3 wickets they still have a long batting lineup and they needed to take a few more calculated risks. A couple of boundaries in those middle overs would have made all the difference. Letting Shoaib Malik go for just 5 runs was particularly poor. So yes Pakistan bowled well but it was still a weak performance from South Africa after they looked completely dominant in the earlier stages. I think the c-word is quite appropriate.

gvenkat

State Captain
It's just a question of priorities. If you think T20 is a comparable game to Test cricket, that's your loss son. As Tendulkar said the other day, T20 is like dessert. Yes dessert is nice, but you need to main course. You can't just eat dessert. And Test cricket is the main course.

Anyhow as I say, congratulations to Pakistan on a great result. Good luck in the final.
I never said T20 is comparable to Test Cricket. But when you dont take T20 or ODI's seriosly and harp on about ashes even during the middle of an important series you lose and keep on losing. The sad part is once the ashes is lost you don't concentrate even on the next Test series but talk about the next Ashes. Now that is as pathetic as it can get.Unless England team, media and the public get out of that bubble England will never be a challenging team and will always be a laughing stock.

Now tell me why England is the only team that does not have a world championship/championstrophy/T20 trophy? :laugh:

Any how bring on the Ashes and let's see what happens there.