• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
Agree fully with the last line, I said at the start that T20 is an unpredictable format and all this talk of making India firm favourites is nonsense. But what did the umpires do wrong?

Yeah, 190 was a good score. Dew didn't help. Then again, we weren't complaining when it went in our favour in 2011, so meh.
No balls are haram in T20. Think about it. 1 ball is almost 1% of the bowling innings (1/120), 2 no balls that should have been wickets is going to kill you most often than not.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mushfiqur Rahim
‏@mushfiqur15
Sorry to all of you guys...as i am a big West Indies supporter but anyway sorry again for some harsh words...!!!!

:lol:
His followers went about few thousands high within matter of moments after the first tweet and rising :laugh:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Other than the two no balls it is hard to be too harsh on the bowlers. Maybe Ashwin choked under the pressure or maybe it was just the dew. But never sad to see the Windies win. Hope they go on and lift the cup. :)

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
So Dhoni hinting at post 2019 WC retirement in that interview if there's anything we could take from that.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a post on my FB feed lmao

Help ! help! ... There is a massive flood all over the India... Indian weather control has announced no.10 danger alert ! It's all because of cheating Indian crying big time ... After all this effort in field and out field( with cheating) the couldn't even get thru.... American aid ship already on the way to flood effected India

viriya

International Captain
Other than the two no balls it is hard to be too harsh on the bowlers. Maybe Ashwin choked under the pressure or maybe it was just the dew. But never sad to see the Windies win. Hope they go on and lift the cup. :)
Maybe Ashwin did choke, but you have to trust your premier strike bowler to defend 12 in the final over.. you don't roll the dice completely. If India were chasing and someone got out the last ball of the penultimate over and you have the option of sending Kohli or Ashwin would you pick Ashwin?

Since that's a no, why bowl Kohli when he's not meant to do the job for you as a bowler.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Maybe Ashwin did choke, but you have to trust your premier strike bowler to defend 12 in the final over.. you don't roll the dice completely. If India were chasing and someone got out the last ball of the penultimate over and you have the option of sending Kohli or Ashwin would you pick Ashwin?

Since that's a no, why bowl Kohli when he's not meant to do the job for you as a bowler.
He should have bowled Ashwin but don't think the result would have been any different. Ashwin today was pretty dire. Maybe opening with him would have been a good choice.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

It doesn't change much but we had to defend 8 in that last over... SEe, from the beginning, India was a force IF and ONLY IF we were able to play that first XI. The moment Yuvi got injured, Dhoni had to change plans and its very hard to play catch up for this side because they just do not have any plan B. Okay, maybe that's too harsh but this side surely does not allow for a plan C with the ball. There is dew and you are not sure if your two main spinners can do anything, so you need to rake up a few overs from some part timer somewhere and there is no Yuvi. None of the younger Indian batsmen coming through bowl at any decent level for their FC or franchise sides and this will continue to cost India. I felt we panicked even before the game started making two changes. Like I mentioned yesterday in ths thread, I would have played Negi for Yuvi and that is it. Dhoni loves to have options with the ball as a captain and once Yuvi's injury happened, that was taken away from him. We had to get everything right to win this game and we didn't. Obviously, Ashwin's no ball was the game breaking moment but even if Pandya had gotten Simmons out in that over, it could have been our game.

But full credit to the Windies. They have the kind of side that is almost unbeatable on most days on the Bangalore and Mumbai kind of pitches. Boy the Indian coach is gonna hate the Mumbai curator even more now. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He should have bowled Ashwin but don't think the result would have been any different. Ashwin today was pretty dire. Maybe opening with him would have been a good choice.

Yeah given the dew, it would have been a good option to get him to bowl 2 overs in the first six but honestly, once Bumrah took out Gayle first ball, there was no way he was gonna risk Ashwin to the right handers with the field up on a small ground with a pitch where the ball was coming on to the bat even better as the night got older. Ideally, if he could pick the side after the toss, he would rather have another seamer like Shami than Ashwin on this track.

Ashwin seriously need to come up with some counters for right handers tonking him clearing their front foot. AS good as he is to the left handers, he is still not sure how to bowl to right handed power hitters, one reason Aussie teams continue to torment him the most amongst batting line ups.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

They needed 8 in last over. Match was virtually over with such batting to come but as you have said Ashwin had to bowl the last over or maybe the one before that. Jadeja did not bowl that bad but as you would expect hit me balls were there.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Slater,Gavaskar,Manjrekar,Warne.Absolute dross.It felt like they were doing commentary for some Indian fan channel or something.
When Harsha is among the best of the bunch, it says a lot. I do like listening to Bishop though. Slater and Dean Jones always seem like complete Indian cheerleaders whenever I hear them.

LightningStrike

U19 Debutant
Just watched highlights.

That comedy fielding by Windies looks even worse the more I see it. :laugh: I wonder if King Kohli would have been blamed for the defeat had he been run out, I mean it was pretty stupid to run like a headless chicken when the ball was in the wicket-keepers hands.

Pretty poor from Dhoni at the end there too, blaming the jew.

Shady Slim

International Coach
remembering simmons was averaging like fifteen in the big bash we have conclusive proof that the melbourne stars are better than india