• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, while I would not rule out the possibility that the bowlers were marking their run ups wrong all the time if not most of the time, it can also be that the two balls which got the wickets were extra effort balls. We some how never consider this possibility when we come up with the line of criticism of *****. A slight bit extra effort can at times lead to the extra stretch of the leg causing the wicket but also meaning that it is a no ball.

Ashwin's was a carrom ball which he has not been bowling much at all recently.. Very good chance that he can mess up his run up a bit with that effort ball and Pandya was bowling around the wicket, not very sure how much he does that. There is a very good reason why they might have overstepped. Obv. not an excuse though. You have to practice these balls specifically to avoid exactly these type of situations when it is gametime.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
abhijeet kushe on march 4, 2016, 19:57 gmt
west indies and bangladesh are the only 2 teams that can upset india if the conditions are flat or spinning.
Bangladesh because they are relatively new (india have figured out pak and srilanka) and west indies because of the gayle factor
:-o:-o:-o

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He has since then deleted that tweet and posted a follow up tweet

"Sorry to all of you guys...as i am a big West Indies supporter but anyway sorry again for some harsh words...!!!!"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He has since then deleted that tweet and posted a follow up tweet

"Sorry to all of you guys...as i am a big West Indies supporter but anyway sorry again for some harsh words...!!!!"

Twitter is both a boon and a bane... I understand international cricketers are also just human beings at the end of the day and they will have their own biases and grudges just like all of us. Just hate that some of them dont even understand where to draw the line between saying things inside closed walls of their rooms or homes and making it public.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I hope Mushfiqur has to look at the "6" on that abominable decoration over his TV set and is reminded of that night he tried to go for glory.

91Jmay

International Coach
India got ****ed over by the umpires not calling no-balls of non-wicket taking balls.

Ive already ranted enough on this. Still really pisses me off. Its the worst thing in modern cricket and it was a huge factor in India losing this, and is also smth they couldnt control.
They literally 100% can control it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am at a loss why a non Indian cricketer not wanting India to win is an issue,
The issue here is celebrating someone's defeat. That is petty and cheap. A lot of fans do it. And yes as HB said, cricketers are also humans and are susceptible to the same cheap and petty behavior. But the reason I was disappointed is because Mushfiq himself is a cricketer and he knows how painful defeats are for a sportsman. Usually cricketers don't do that and in fact support those (even not from their own teams) who have just faced failure as a result. E.g Hussey last year showed support for Dhoni when he was being torn apart by Indian media after repeated series defeats.

Dhoni himself backed Pakistan after their 6th World Cup defeat to his own India last year when the entire world was ripping apart Misbah and co.
This is the sort of thing I expect from cricketers - solidarity because they should be able to relate to each other's failures.

indiaholic

International Captain
And he can be very happy for Windies if he wants, but being happy because India lost is a bit petty. He is basically stooping to my level and I expect higher standards from people who are not posting under a cover of anonymity.

Howe_zat

Audio File
And he can be very happy for Windies if he wants, but being happy because India lost is a bit petty. He is basically stooping to my level and I expect higher standards from people who are not posting under a cover of anonymity.
Yeah. I can get a bit tired of bagging players for saying things that are less than perfect - particularly if they say something broing, I think, well, that's not their job - but if they post the same troll **** that would get them infracted on CW they deserve some flack.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's one thing to celebrate someone's victory, quite another to celebrate someone's defeat. His second tweet was about Windies winning and he later clarified that he is a Windies supporter. But this seemed like damage control.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's one thing to celebrate someone's victory, quite another to celebrate someone's defeat. His second tweet was about Windies winning and he later clarified that he is a Windies supporter. But this seemed like damage control.
100% it is damage control.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ashwin's was a carrom ball which he has not been bowling much at all recently.. Very good chance that he can mess up his run up a bit with that effort ball and Pandya was bowling around the wicket, not very sure how much he does that. There is a very good reason why they might have overstepped. Obv. not an excuse though. You have to practice these balls specifically to avoid exactly these type of situations when it is gametime.
Saqlain used to bowl his deliveries from way behind the popping crease to avoid no balls at crucial times. In the time of free hits it is inexcusable.