• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag vs Sangakkara - as batsman

Who is the better bat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The point is that a players value depends on the team he plays in. Pu Sehwag in the English team, and undiubtadly he'll be their best player (because he excells at foreign conditions). Put Sanga or De Silva in the Indian team, and they'll be the best players with SRT and Dravid because thye'll excel on foreign conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What's your point? Sehwag came when Vaas was gone. Incidentally it was the pace bowler who is gone. Not the spinner.
INteresting you don't mention the oh so awesome Prasad, Thushara, Welegedera, Maharoof, Malinga, Fernando and Matthews etc...

They are not pace bowles with potential. And FYI, the middle order struggled without Vaas too.. It doesn't matter who excels where. Sehwag does well in a place where almost all his team mates don't and that shows he is a very very valuable and excellent player.

Sanga and Sehwag as batters are close, I would take Sehwag coz his "type" is rarer in world cricket than a Sanga, as Jono or someone mentioned.

To use Sehwag's superiority in SL conditions against him is interesting, to say the absolute minimum.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Really? Personally love seeing Sehwag destroy attacks. When on song he is the true master-blaster.

Sir Alex

Banned
Really? Personally love seeing Sehwag destroy attacks. When on song he is the true master-blaster.
This. He just ascends to a different level and plays cricket regardless of how others surrounding him are doing. I think this is like comparing Andy Flower to Gilchrist.

slowfinger

International Debutant
The thing that dings is Sanga's perfect non-wk batting record, pure sight to behold, albeit most the matches been played in SL.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, people have different tastes. It's all good guys.

I think it isn't "anti-cricket" for someone to enjoy Sehwag over Sanga. On the whole I think Sanga is the best looking batsman in the world, and prefer him to Sehwag. But if you can't enjoy Sehwag defy belief and take apart attacks (or Gilly for that matter), then you're probably in a minority.

Sir Alex

Banned
Well if it was purely based on batting I'd vote for Flower there too.
Yes, there is merit in both views. There are people who prefer Andy's technical finesse while there are others who like Gilly's strokeplay more. Finally as the cliche goes it is down to personal tastes and judgements.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sanga is just so ***eh to watch, for mine. Sources tell me, the rain in Galle was a result of God jerking off after the Sanga century.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That certainly would put a new (and icky) spin on Psalm 72:6 of the King James bible.

He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Ooer, Guv, etc.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Sanga is just so ***eh to watch, for mine. Sources tell me, the rain in Galle was a result of God jerking off after the Sanga century.
That certainly would put a new (and icky) spin on Psalm 72:6 of the King James bible.

He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

Ooer, Guv, etc.
LOL!! Thats both hilarious and disgusting at the same time :laugh: